Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Calling all S12 Brothers...........  (Read 1610 times)

Offline REV387

• Former Post Whore
Calling all S12 Brothers...........
« on: 10:33:58 AM / 20-Feb-15 »
Hopefully Arro or one of the moderators will make this a sticky until Mar 5th.

As some of the older S12 members may know, my daughter Izzie survived exposure to E Coli which resulted in acute renal failure (kidneys) and multiple strokes 4 1/2 years ago leaving her with the loss of use of her right foot, leg, hand, arm, and speech at the age of 4.  There have been several complications on her road to recovery since then, but overall it has been generally positive yet slow.  Although this tragedy has left her physically impaired, it couldn't break her spirit.  Since then, she has regain the power of speech yet still not as fluid as before the incident. She has become mobile again, but balance and coordination is still a struggle. In short, She can walk (although not too pretty) but cannot run, jog, jump, or skip. She cannot stand for long periods or time, Walk long distances, or Navigate through a crowd without being knocked over. Her right arm and hand have however shown no appreciable improvement in the past 4 years. Some improvement in her gross motor skills such pushing a door open but barely any fine motor skills meaning she couldn't pick up a pencil if her life depended on it. And so today, she is completely left handed. Eats, draws, writes with it.
So today, I am asking my fellow S12ers to take a minute and help Izzie win an adaptive bicycle. Adaptive Bicycles are specifically designed for kids with disabilities. They cost anywhere from $2000 to $4500. Not only will an adaptive bicycle help develop her muscle tone, sense of balance and coordination, it would give her a sense of inclusion to ride with her younger brother Aidan, who has recently taken it up, since she cannot participate in any of the sports programs he is in.
Freedom Concepts is hosting the Adaptive Bicycle Giveaway where anybody who can reach 50 nominations will receive one raffle ticket and entry into the contest to win one.  However, the person who receives the highest number of nominations is guaranteed a bike.  So please take a minute to click this link, submit your email, and click on the link that's emailed to you to score an nomination for Izzie. That's it. No donation is required, however donations help fund this event and adds more bikes to the giveaway. Alot of people would like to see Izzie get this bike., So much so, that a fundraiser has been formed on Izzie's Facebook Event page, to build one for her in case she loses.
So please take a minute to nominate her and help spread the word.  Also, each email address is considered a nomination, so feel free to submit all your email addresses.  The Great Bike Giveaway Ends March 4 @ 12 noon.

Izzie's YouTube Video if you want to know who you're nominating.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVIjQ2qZ2w0

Izzie's Facebook Event, please invite and share with anyone you know.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1435891416702949/?pnref=story&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fclub-s12.org%2Fretro4%2Findex.php&refid=9#_=_

Nominate here
=https://www.friendshipcircle.org/bikes/2015/02/isabella-w/

One last favor, When your email has been verified and the nomination goes through, you'll be redirected to Izzie's profile where her count will be shown. PM me your nomination number so I can keep track and know where to focus my efforts. Thanks again...
« Last Edit: 10:50:39 AM / 20-Feb-15 by REV387 »

Facebook Share    

Ernest (Just call me \"E\")

\'87 200SX SEV6

in search of a VG30DET

and Tokico Springs

Offline SchizophrenicMC

• Resident Resident
  • Moderators
  • Vehicle: 1991 Nissan S13
  • I Like Gay Girls
Re: Calling all S12 Brothers...........
« Reply #1 on: 11:34:53 AM / 20-Feb-15 »
As a disabled person myself, I can't stress the importance of physical and occupational therapy enough. Tools like this bike are excellent ways to retrain the body to work again, in spite of lost function. I only wish I'd stuck to more therapy as a child- my left arm would probably have some function today. Keep Izzie on the right track, my friend.

I've nominated her for the drawing. If I weren't in dire financial straits at the moment, I'd donate as well. This kind of thing is near and dear to me. Best of luck to you and your daughter.
Nah, quoted for future use because not only is it lame and old, but it's a direct link to Schizo posting up homoerotic menswear fanfiction.
zololn: wheres the check engine light on the s12?

Offline iceageg

« Reply #2 on: 12:19:49 PM / 20-Feb-15 »
I'm strapped for cash right now myself but you've got my vote in.  Good luck sir!
I was afraid all the five gallon buckets of pain stacked four high were going to fall over

Offline rednucleus

• Old Fart #2
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
« Reply #3 on: 12:46:33 PM / 20-Feb-15 »
2 nominations from my addresses - best of luck! Red

Offline S12_Lifer

• S12 for life!
« Reply #4 on: 02:23:22 AM / 21-Feb-15 »
You have my vote!

Offline spiderwebfx

« Reply #5 on: 03:29:08 AM / 21-Feb-15 »
Two from me also.  Good luck!
« Last Edit: 03:29:19 AM / 21-Feb-15 by spiderwebfx »

Offline REV387

• Former Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: 09:43:56 AM / 21-Feb-15 »
Thanks for your nominations guys, even more so for offering to donate.  I'm glad the type of people I meet here are the same as 12yrs ago.  But nominations are all that we need, don't want to put anyone out. Just asking for a minute of their time.  It literally takes 15 seconds even if you had dial-up on a 56K modem.  Probably took more time to read this post.

https://www.friendshipcircle.org/bikes/2015/02/isabella-w/

Just click and submit your email, that's all it takes to help.
Ernest (Just call me \"E\")

\'87 200SX SEV6

in search of a VG30DET

and Tokico Springs

Offline Baby

« Reply #7 on: 06:46:28 PM / 21-Feb-15 »
Got my vote.

Offline Prolowtone

• Mr. Clean
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
« Reply #8 on: 09:40:49 PM / 26-Feb-15 »
Voted
:)
I keep my car cleaner then my room
Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.