Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Turbo help over here please!  (Read 2069 times)

Offline cmichael818

Turbo help over here please!
« on: 10:21:39 PM / 24-Feb-15 »
So I see most generic turbo diagrams calling for 1 oil inlet and 1 oil outlet. But I found a 3rd port on my snail. I have no idea what the middle (3rd one) is, and I want to be sure before I put the top end back on the car. Of course feel free to correct me if I have any of the ports labeled wrong.

Inlet? (Top of the turbo)

Outlet? (Bottom of the turbo)

And...?? (between inlet and outlet)

Facebook Share    

Offline D-sport S12

• Vehicle: 1986 Nissan S12
Re: Turbo help over here please!
« Reply #1 on: 10:46:10 PM / 24-Feb-15 »
The fitting for a hose to go on would be oil drain. Opposite of that would be the oil inlet and the holes on the side of this would be coolant inlet and outlet
Jesse R

Keichi Tsuchiya: "I'm afraid if I raced you on the street I'd push you to your death."

Offline cmichael818

« Reply #2 on: 11:35:30 PM / 24-Feb-15 »
Boom. Found the other hole (opposite the mystery one) and the fitting for it. As well as the coolant lines. Everything is all screwed on here, and the only open hole is the one I was originally asking about. Is there a particular place it's supposed to run to?

Offline D-sport S12

« Reply #3 on: 11:44:50 PM / 24-Feb-15 »
Is there a particular place it's supposed to run to?

Which are you referring to?
Jesse R

Keichi Tsuchiya: "I'm afraid if I raced you on the street I'd push you to your death."

Offline cmichael818

« Reply #4 on: 11:46:40 PM / 24-Feb-15 »
The port I indicated as the only one being left open, which was the silver-bezeled one I was asking about initially.

Actually on second thought. If it's the oil return outlet, shouldn't I just be running it down to the oil pan?
« Last Edit: 12:43:34 AM / 25-Feb-15 by cmichael818 »

Offline D-sport S12

« Reply #5 on: 11:22:10 AM / 25-Feb-15 »
Yes to the pan. What engine is this for? I know my sr20 has a port on the block for the drain, which lead to the upper oil pan
Jesse R

Offline cmichael818

« Reply #6 on: 11:38:14 AM / 25-Feb-15 »
It's the CA18ET. I haven't taken a hard look under the hood yet, as the head and everything was already out when I got the car.

Offline BOSSMAN

• http://
« Reply #7 on: 02:39:36 PM / 25-Feb-15 »
I think the first two pictures are the coolant in/out and your "mystery" connection with the silver hose connection is the oil drain (non pressure), you connect a hose to the turbo oil drain to a hose connection in the oil pan.  The forth threaded connection you found wound be the oil inlet.  Looks like a T25 turbo isn't it?
86 CA18ET....owner since 1990.
The name is Bossman, but you can call me Mr. Panda....My other car is a Buick....
My Skyline is here!  My Skyline is here!

Offline cmichael818

« Reply #8 on: 02:52:22 PM / 25-Feb-15 »
I think the first two pictures are the coolant in/out and your "mystery" connection with the silver hose connection is the oil drain (non pressure), you connect a hose to the turbo oil drain to a hose connection in the oil pan.  The forth threaded connection you found wound be the oil inlet.  Looks like a T25 turbo isn't it?

I have no idea what it is exactly. The numbers on the housing match a Garrett turbo, but it doesn't have an ID plate on it, nor does it have Garrett on the cast, like the ones I find when I search the numbers. If you're curious, the numbers are A/R60 M24 1-1