Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Removing Turbo for rebuild  (Read 1496 times)

Offline TomahHeyy

• n00b
Removing Turbo for rebuild
« on: 12:40:48 PM / 11-Apr-15 »
I have just recently bought a 200sx. I am confused on how to take off the turbo now to rebuild it because there is one bolt on the header I can not seem to remove. Is there any other way I can remove the turbo without having to take out the header? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Facebook Share    

Offline BOSSMAN

• http://
Re: Removing Turbo for rebuild
« Reply #1 on: 02:32:03 AM / 12-Apr-15 »
There is a sticky in the CA18ET section regarding that nut but in summaries people had used a stubby, half moon or crescent wrench while others have made their own stubby by cutting off a normal wrench.  My own solution was to rubber band the closed end of a long wrench to the open end of the proper wrench like a "L" shape to best describe it:

O
                           l
                           l
                           l
                          n O------------C  If you can imagine n being the open end and O being the closed end you can push or pull on the long wrench and use it as a linkage to loosen that nut.
86 CA18ET....owner since 1990.
The name is Bossman, but you can call me Mr. Panda....My other car is a Buick....
My Skyline is here!  My Skyline is here!

Offline TomahHeyy

• n00b
Re: Removing Turbo for rebuild
« Reply #2 on: 12:05:12 PM / 14-Apr-15 »
There is a sticky in the CA18ET section regarding that nut but in summaries people had used a stubby, half moon or crescent wrench while others have made their own stubby by cutting off a normal wrench.  My own solution was to rubber band the closed end of a long wrench to the open end of the proper wrench like a "L" shape to best describe it:

O
                           l
                           l
                           l
                          n O------------C  If you can imagine n being the open end and O being the closed end you can push or pull on the long wrench and use it as a linkage to loosen that nut.

Thank you. I got the turbo off. Now I will have to rebuild ((: