Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Any "how to's" or info layout of what I need in order to replace head gasket?  (Read 2585 times)

Offline TomahHeyy

• n00b
Gotta take the big bolt out. If it has not been off before it will be tight! Probably has some locktite on the threads, so it is hard coming out for a bit. Put the car in reverse and lock the e-brake and you can pull hard on the large bolt. When you get to that point of getting the pulleys off, and then the cover, you will need to get the lower sprocket out and it can be a real biotch, it can get rusted in place. Put some penetrant on it if it needs to come out.
Post Merge

Does the crankshaft lock in place when in Reverse? I have it in neutral with it on stands.
Post Merge
I got the fan off, took belts off

Found the TDC

But I can't take off the bolt...
« Last Edit: 01:30:09 AM / 02-May-15 by TomahHeyy »

Offline Cajun1guy

• Old fart (pedoro numero uno)
  • Vehicle: 1984 Nissan 200SX
If you put it in reverse and set the e-brake then you can put force on that big bolt.

Offline TomahHeyy

• n00b
If you put it in reverse and set the e-brake then you can put force on that big bolt.

I will try it in the morning. Thanks man.

Offline Cajun1guy

• Old fart (pedoro numero uno)
  • Vehicle: 1984 Nissan 200SX
Hey, it's my pleasure. I wish you the best on this project, make us all proud! If you need more pictures I have some on file. I can get more next weekend when I get back home if you need any.

Offline TomahHeyy

• n00b
Guys, I removed the head gasket, and it still looked healthy. Does that mean that I definitely have a bad turbo? Or could it be exhaust leak as you guys said?
Post Merge
Sorry about late updates. I am only available to work on weekends. It's exam week already.
« Last Edit: 12:49:19 AM / 08-May-15 by TomahHeyy »