Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can you tune your gear ratios with a stock automatic gear box computer?  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Gamereaper

• No title
  • n00b
basically my car has no power in 2nd, 1st is amazing, 2nd is more like 3rd imo. The power is mostly in the 5000 rpm in 2nd, I would have to red line in 1st  to even come close to getting full power from 2nd.  compared all of the gears power band or what ever its called, 2nd is horrible HORRIBLE!(its like a normal acceleration, dosnt really bog, but i will run more tests to see) does this have to do with my high fuel pressure? it is at 45psi, im already troubleshooting on another topic on s-12. Also what will high fuel pressure do at high rpms? is there a chance for damage or does it actually help?
« Last Edit: 01:35:55 PM / 05-May-15 by Gamereaper »

Facebook Share    

Offline rednucleus

• Old Fart #2
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
Off topic but WELCOME to a fellow WA S12 owner!!

Offline seishuku

• 1998CC's of fun!
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan S12
Auto computer you could potentially change shift points, so it hold the gear longer, but no... You can't change the ratio with out physically changing the gears in the transmission.
Also changing the shift points may be an issue, since no one tunes these automatics.

I guess the simple answer would be... Manual swap.

Edit:
High fuel pressure could be an issue, it may be causing it to run way rich and lose power.
« Last Edit: 09:42:42 PM / 05-May-15 by seishuku »
Matt W.
Daily: 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Previous Daily: 2011 Camaro V6 (tree fell on it)
Previous previous: 2013 VW Jetta TDI super polluter (got bought back)

Offline Gamereaper

• No title
  • n00b
Thanks for the welcome! i thought this was the subforum :/

Thanks for the info seishuku, just was wondering if i could do anything about it :( hopefully ill fix the high fuel pressure and it'll go away. i do love manuals :)