Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MAF Problems Got Worse Would Love Help!!  (Read 9403 times)

Offline Cajun1guy

• Old fart (pedoro numero uno)
  • Vehicle: 1984 Nissan 200SX
Re: MAF Problems Got Worse Would Love Help!!
« Reply #20 on: 03:46:41 PM / 15-Sep-15 »
Hope that will fix some of your issues. I replaced mine twice over the years I have had my CA18ET, fixed it right up.

Offline Millyissosilly

• n00b
« Reply #21 on: 04:42:55 PM / 05-Oct-15 »
well got the new sensor in today and didn't do a thing
I'm at a loss dunno what to do now

Offline Cajun1guy

« Reply #22 on: 07:43:24 PM / 05-Oct-15 »
Is it running, but with too much fuel? Sounds like a familiar issue with a bad temperature sensor, but could also be the IAC device (think that's what it is called). That thing is in front of the throttle area on the passenger side. It looks a bit like an ice cream cone , has some hoses going to it as well as a plug. It has an internal heater that comes on when you start. This heats a bimetallic strip that twists as it heats, the twisting opens up an air passage that leans out the mixture as the engine warms, maybe this is stuck? The idle air adjustment is also available to help lean the mixture at idle. On my 84 model it is mounted on top of the radiator and it is a simple bleed port. As you back the screw out, it allows more air to get in.
Sorry to hear the new sensor did not make any difference! Keep it handy, you will likely need it someday.

Offline Millyissosilly

• n00b
« Reply #23 on: 07:24:41 AM / 06-Oct-15 »
I will check that out today
As it sits right now its stuck in "safe mode" and just it seems like its running very rich

Offline Cajun1guy

« Reply #24 on: 09:25:34 PM / 06-Oct-15 »
Damn, for such a good looking car that's a pain! When you reset the ECU codes, does it show any new codes? I wonder if the ECU is messing with you?

Offline Millyissosilly

• n00b
« Reply #25 on: 09:20:00 AM / 19-Oct-15 »
So it seems my waste gate is stuck. Anyone know if that would cause the rpm limiting

Offline onephatser

• n00b
  • 1986 S12/1996 B14 SE-R
« Reply #26 on: 12:16:00 PM / 19-Oct-15 »
I don't want to take away from Cajun's help, but it sounds like the MAF may be bad.  I had an 85 that was doing the same things as yours and after replacing EVERYTHING, I finally did the MAF, and it never had run better.  The temp sensor is also a good possibility like Cajon said, but to me it gives all the tell tale signs of the MAF.  That's why everything is so rich and why it won't rev over 2K.  BTW, my ecu never threw any codes for the MAF.  Keep in mind the OBD system is quite crude in our cars.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
« Reply #27 on: 04:14:46 PM / 19-Oct-15 »
Not revving past 2k is usually in my experience the maf. Do you have another you can test with? Or maybe someone close that would let you borrow there working maf just to see if it eliminates the problem? Last time I checked Oem-Surplus. com had a couple in stock you might want to grab one from them as it will be brand new.
Post Merge
Scratch that I just checked again and they don't have one that would work for you...
« Last Edit: 04:18:36 PM / 19-Oct-15 by sideways_s12 »