Just want to say HI

Started by deucekazoo, 01:20:08 PM / 19-Nov-15

Previous topic - Next topic

deucekazoo

Hey guys,
Just joined the forum.
I had a 1986 200sx when I was in High school. My first car, great car. I traded it in when I bought my first new car and always missed it. Well I was lucky enough to find another one close to me. Same year, model and color. The only difference is that this one is a turbo, has a 5 speed and is the fancy version with the digital dash. It needs some work but is in great shape for the year. I don't think the turbo works, the exhaust is gone and so are the rear bushings. The interior is almost perfect. So the plan is to fix it up and use it as a daily driver for the summer.
John

Shanes1233

Hey John welcome! Congrats on the new turbo 12! Where do ya hail from?

Does it have the digital dash? If so, sometimes the boost gauge will stop working.

Yes bottom mount turbo! And no real reason to upgrade to a different manifold unless you are willing to drop money into the little ET.

The turbo has a t2 flange
No blow off valve, rather, it has a pop up/off valve.
Yes the turbo is rebuildable, just look for kits online

You can replace the turbo with an t25 from an SR or a vg30et.

And just do regular maintenance on the engine. Check the plugs, wire, cap and rotor, all fluids. Get a compression test done as well for some piece of mind. That way you know where the engine is health wise.

deucekazoo

Hi Shanes1233, thanks for the welcome.
I live in central Illinois. It sucks because I just bought the car and now have to store it for winter. I was going to work on it this weekend but they are calling for snow and highs of 37F.
Maybe I will get a weekend in before the big stuff hits.
John

sideways_s12

Welcome! I just commented on your other post. I have a lot of experience with the 18et so if you have any questions feel free to hit me up...

deucekazoo

Took some pictures before I winterized it.

kelso840

My favorite thing about this place is seeing all the cars I find on Craigslist show up here within the next couple weeks.

Congratulations, homie. Welcome to the Club. Enjoy your second spaceship.

Is that a Starion?
Infrequently driving an s12.

onephatser

Do you have any idea how rare it is to have driver's side dash vents still in tact?  Very clean car, mate!

S12_Lifer

Welcome aboard Deucekazoo!  Your S12 is in excellent condition, inside and out!

deucekazoo

Quote from: kelso840 on 02:23:54 PM / 01-Dec-15
Is that a Starion?

The car next to it? That is a Chevrolet Monza. Its one of my sons friends cars. It's parked there for a little while until he gets the little things fixed to drive it.

I cruised Craigslist for a few years now to see if I could find a 200SX for sale. Seen a few in Chicago but bad condition or way too much money, but none of them were red. Then I seen this thing and had to get it.

It is a very clean car. When I did the oil change I looked under it and hardly any rust. The only rust I need to fix is the rear wheel well. It is in the lip and staring to bubble through the paint. My fist car did the same thing in the same spot. I can not wait for spring to fix this car and get it running. New bushings, fix the turbo and a few little things inside what will bother me if I don't fix them. Some of the switches are being pushed out by the weight of the harness to them. So need to figure out how to secure them better. Also the drivers seat wobbles.
Thanks for the welcome guys and I will have more pictures once its on the road, fixed and waxed.
John

PandaManJon

Nice ride. We have the exact same car! Except that I'm missing both of the drivers air vents. Welcome!

deucekazoo

Thanks, I did hear the vents are fragile on these things. This car has everything intact. The only little issue on the inside is that some of the switches are getting pushed out of the dash by the weight of the harness. Need to look into that to see if I can create a better clipping option for them.