Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [Fort Wayne, IN] $1,900 OBO  (Read 7684 times)

Offline kelso840

[Fort Wayne, IN] $1,900 OBO
« on: 05:16:16 PM / 07-Dec-15 »
For sale is my 1984 Turbo Hatch.

**TURBO HOOD HAS BEEN REMOVED**

As seen in: http://club-s12.org/retro4/index.php?topic=38060.0 | http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/5498699244.html

Most everything I have done is detailed in the build thread except for the new polyurethane subframe bushings and turbo swapped over from another 18et motorset.

Car is running and driving again, and I believe that the tap sound is a lifter - not a rod knock. You can hear it in a video I posted in my build thread.

Uncracked digi-dash works completely and the vents are intact. This car also has a functional drive computer. Rear hatch has four brackets for factory louvers and paperwork for the "shade kit" as it was sold by Nissan.
« Last Edit: 08:24:36 AM / 17-Apr-16 by kelso840 »

Facebook Share    

Infrequently driving an s12.

Offline SchizophrenicMC

• Resident Resident
  • Moderators
  • Vehicle: 2000 BMW 5 Series
  • I Like Gay Girls
Re: [Fort Wayne, IN] $2,000 OBO
« Reply #1 on: 09:16:04 PM / 07-Dec-15 »
So why the no turbo hood?
Nah, quoted for future use because not only is it lame and old, but it's a direct link to Schizo posting up homoerotic menswear fanfiction.
zololn: wheres the check engine light on the s12?

Offline kelso840

« Reply #2 on: 07:17:06 AM / 08-Dec-15 »
Turbo hood is with the other s12.

Offline SchizophrenicMC

• Resident Resident
  • Moderators
  • Vehicle: 2000 BMW 5 Series
  • I Like Gay Girls
« Reply #3 on: 09:43:17 PM / 08-Dec-15 »
What's the point of a no-hood turbo, or a non-turbo turbo hood?

YOU'RE TEARING ME APART LISA
Nah, quoted for future use because not only is it lame and old, but it's a direct link to Schizo posting up homoerotic menswear fanfiction.
zololn: wheres the check engine light on the s12?

Offline kelso840

« Reply #4 on: 06:45:51 AM / 09-Dec-15 »
Your thought process is too rigid.

This thread can get locked or deleted. I'm going to dress it up and drive it until it pops.

Offline kelso840

« Reply #5 on: 02:27:59 PM / 19-Mar-16 »

Offline PandaManJon

• n00b
« Reply #6 on: 08:57:56 AM / 21-Mar-16 »
I would love to have that turbo spoiler, rather than the one I have now. Let me know if you wouldn't mind to trading. Good luck with the sale.
« Last Edit: 09:44:21 AM / 21-Mar-16 by PandaManJon »

Offline kelso840

« Reply #7 on: 01:50:49 PM / 21-Mar-16 »
I'm not really interested in trading any components. I'd be happy to send it your way while it's still attached to the rest of the car, which you would then own, because you bought it for a reasonable price we negotiated in advance.

Offline iceageg

« Reply #8 on: 09:18:21 PM / 21-Mar-16 »
Any real idea what the issue is?  I can adjust/fix timing easily enough and I have about a mile of various size vacuum hose.  I don't mind a daily driver I have to work on.  It just needs to be reliable between maintenance.
I was afraid all the five gallon buckets of pain stacked four high were going to fall over

Offline PandaManJon

• n00b
« Reply #9 on: 11:33:05 PM / 21-Mar-16 »
I'm not really interested in trading any components. I'd be happy to send it your way while it's still attached to the rest of the car, which you would then own, because you bought it for a reasonable price we negotiated in advance.
I wish I could, but I have to get mine up and running again. Hopefully tomorrow is the day. Alright cool then. Well, if you ever change your mind, let me know please. And best of luck with the sell.

Offline kelso840

« Reply #10 on: 10:41:03 AM / 22-Mar-16 »
Any real idea what the issue is?  I can adjust/fix timing easily enough and I have about a mile of various size vacuum hose.  I don't mind a daily driver I have to work on.  It just needs to be reliable between maintenance.

Honestly, no. My plan for diagnosing it was to verify everything still lines up at TDC at both crank and cam pulleys. Once that's good (+/- 5 degrees), yank and reseat the distributor. Then try to fire and hit it with the timing light. If not, yank that dizzy assembly and try the spare - then combinations of cap/rotor from each assembly. Also replace the O2 sensor with the spare I have.

I'm pretty sure my A/F mixture and idle speed got simultaneously borked when I fixed that vacuum line while replacing the TPS with a spare. I started messing with the TPS because spark signal seemed to drop out at 3k rpm in 3rd gear and it would just backfire, but eventually coughed its way through it and found power again. No idea why.... I don't think the ECU has different profiles for each gear, but I figured maybe the pedal travel was "maxing out" the mechanical TPS range. Idk.

I'm sure I've got the parts needed to fix it. I just don't have the will or patience to get it running again to sort the rest out. It was running well for a while though and I learned a lot about the 18et that I hope to never need to utilize again.

Offline kelso840

Re: [Fort Wayne, IN] $1,900 OBO
« Reply #11 on: 08:27:07 AM / 17-Apr-16 »
Bump - updated original post to say this car has been brought back to life and I've put 60 miles on it in the last week. Running about as well as it ever has since I've owned it. Stated price is reduced and firmly OBO.

Ready to take a loss on this one.

Offline Cajun1guy

• Old fart (pedoro numero uno)
  • Vehicle: 1984 Nissan 200SX
« Reply #12 on: 12:40:58 PM / 18-Apr-16 »
Dude, cut me a deal on the louver mounts, they are useless if you have no louver set. I need to be able to transfer my set from one S-12 to the other here in the Louisiana tropics!

Offline kelso840

« Reply #13 on: 01:10:54 PM / 18-Apr-16 »
I'm actually meeting somebody today to potentially trade this car for something else. The brackets are so amazingly simple that I don't see why you (edit: or somebody/anybody - realized this sentence could come off as curt) couldn't make them in your garage over one weekend. As before, removing them looks like it would be a huge PITA and could potentially damage the weather seal around the hatch glass - hence my reticence to try and pull them out and sell them to you. If it were easy to do without risk of damaging another component I probably would have just pulled them and given it to you for shipping.

Going to post photos of them in my build thread now if imgur will cooperate. Sorry, but I really don't think I'll be able to sell you this set. If this trade goes through I'll be sure to tell the guy to start a new build thread and you can try to buy them from him, or he can help you get dimensions to make your own.

Again, sorry.
« Last Edit: 01:36:01 PM / 18-Apr-16 by kelso840 »