(WA) Trade and SE for a turbo model?

Started by Shanes1233, 01:34:00 PM / 11-Dec-15

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanes1233

Would anyone thats near me want to trade, my SE v6 hatch for a turbo hatch? Or a ka swapped s12? I would just swap mine but finding the 4 cylinder subframe and parts would be very difficult and costly.

SchizophrenicMC

Quote from: Jay on 10:44:55 PM / 03-Jun-12
Nah, quoted for future use because not only is it lame and old, but it's a direct link to Schizo posting up homoerotic menswear fanfiction.
Quotezololn: wheres the check engine light on the s12?

Shanes1233

Post Merge

rednucleus

Shanes1233

You have a turbo s12 or did you mean the person with the user name Turbo-s12?

rednucleus

Sorry; member's name - maybe send him a pm

Shanes1233

I did, but it says he was last active in October. Hopefully he gets on soon.

SchizophrenicMC

He probably won't. And I probably wouldn't hold out for a turbo S12. They're pretty much the same as the XE, just with a foam rubber spoiler on the Mk1 that looks like a black, cracked version of the Mk2 spoiler. (Well, and a couple other nifty but useless body parts) If you plan on KA swapping, no point in doing it to a Turbo. Instead convince somebody with a similarly clean XE to trade you, because their cars hold value for how clean they are, not how turbo they are.
Quote from: Jay on 10:44:55 PM / 03-Jun-12
Nah, quoted for future use because not only is it lame and old, but it's a direct link to Schizo posting up homoerotic menswear fanfiction.
Quotezololn: wheres the check engine light on the s12?

Shanes1233

Good point. Thank you for your insight. I found someone willing to trade an XE notch with cash on his end, but it's pretty well beat up. I know it will be hard to find one is as good of shape as mine to trade for, but figured I would try and see what I get.

turbo-s12

iceageg

I'm guessing this is your CL listing with more pics and info:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/5439490939.html

If not let me know and I will edit the link out.  Does it run well enough that you would be confident sending your mom on a long road trip in it?
Quote from: VG33ERGazelle? on 04:50:38 PM / 26-Aug-11
I was afraid all the five gallon buckets of pain stacked four high were going to fall over

Shanes1233

That is not mine no. My twin though, yes lol. Buddy of mine was trying to buy it.

iceageg

Gotcha.  The question still stands though.  Would you let your mom drive across the country in it?  My folks live down in Naselle and it is easy for me to justify traveling out there for the right car.  But I live in Florida now and am moving back to Colorado.  Need a daily and would love it to be an S12.
I was afraid all the five gallon buckets of pain stacked four high were going to fall over

Cajun1guy

Make this happen!!! Ian needs an S-12!

Redneck

Quote from: SchizophrenicMC on 04:47:44 AM / 13-Dec-15 If you plan on KA swapping, no point in doing it to a Turbo.

The ca18et is just as bad as the ca20e imo. Probably worse if you factor in the ca20e is atleast often more reliable. I gladly replaced that worn out non intercooled lawn mower engine for the ka. Atleast I have some torque and reliability now.

Quote from: iceageg on 07:42:09 PM / 16-Feb-16 The question still stands though.  Would you let your mom drive across the country in it?

Some people have low standards in this department, my mom could drive across the country in a ford pinto for all I care as long as she didn't call me if it broke down. Just sayin.
Quote from: ka-tgazelle on 11:24:56 PM / 01-Jun-11 FIrst my rims are horrible, than there ok when painted black , now my cars horrible, now my fenders are to much after i was told i couldnt do it.... Lol club s12 ftw.....  Only here have Ive been told they look like shit..... SOrry its not bone stock with crown vic rims running the stock vg making 130whp and looks generic like every other one. My car looks dope ive been told this a billion times on local forums....

iceageg

Quote from: Redneck on 03:58:09 AM / 17-Feb-16
Some people have low standards in this department, my mom could drive across the country in a ford pinto for all I care as long as she didn't call me if it broke down. Just sayin.

You understand what I mean though.  This is the standard I use before allowing any aircraft out of our shop.  If I wouldn't let my wife/mother/sister/daughter fly in it I will not allow our name on the paperwork.  I'm not expecting a car to come crashing out of the sky but I am searching for a daily driver that I can confidently drive cross country, because soon I will need to.

Cajun1guy

Standards to live by! Many of my customers ask if I will go on a test flight after doing maintenance, mostly as a litmus test of my work.