Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hi! New S12 owner  (Read 1453 times)

Offline tone007

• Sub-n00b
Hi! New S12 owner
« on: 07:07:18 PM / 27-Feb-16 »
I kind of stumbled into the ownership of an 87 200SX SE and am enjoying it so far; it'll be my new daily driver. I figure I'll be searching around here for various issues that pop up.

Facebook Share    

Offline iceageg

Re: Hi! New S12 owner
« Reply #1 on: 07:45:45 PM / 27-Feb-16 »
You are in THE spot for information on your car.  Search first and you will probably find it but we are always happy to answer questions. Looks like a great find. Jealous.  Welcome to the fold!
I was afraid all the five gallon buckets of pain stacked four high were going to fall over

Offline S12_Lifer

• S12 for life!
« Reply #2 on: 07:40:34 AM / 28-Feb-16 »
Welcome aboard tone007!  You have one very clean SE!

Offline deucekazoo

« Reply #3 on: 08:10:38 AM / 28-Feb-16 »
Welcome, looks clean. Lets see some interior shots.

Offline Redneck

« Reply #4 on: 01:35:39 PM / 28-Feb-16 »
I kind of stumbled into the ownership of an 87 200SX SE and am enjoying it so far; it'll be my new daily driver. I figure I'll be searching around here for various issues that pop up.

I wouldn't expect many issues popping up on the SE, they are pretty reliable, especially the later 87 and 88 models that got the W-series vg's. Just make sure not to neglect the timing belt. Pretty sure they are only rated for 60k miles and being the vg is an interference engine it would suck to grenade a perfectly good engine just cause the belt broke. If you don't know when the belt was last changed I'd make getting that replaced as soon as possible priority number one. A basic tune up can never hurt either if the cap, rotor, plugs and plug wires seem older. Your a lucky guy stumbling on an SE in that condition. I really miss mine. I'd still have it had it not gotten totaled a few years ago. And I would have probably bought another one had I not already had my other ka-de swapped s12.

Btw, if your looking for a cheaper wheel upgrade the OEM s14 5 lug wheels look great on the SE imo. Here is how they looked on my old SE.

FIrst my rims are horrible, than there ok when painted black , now my cars horrible, now my fenders are to much after i was told i couldnt do it.... Lol club s12 ftw.....  Only here have Ive been told they look like shit..... SOrry its not bone stock with crown vic rims running the stock vg making 130whp and looks generic like every other one. My car looks dope ive been told this a billion times on local forums....

Offline tone007

• Sub-n00b
« Reply #5 on: 04:52:10 PM / 28-Feb-16 »
Thanks for the welcomes.  The interior is a bit less pristine than the outside, dash is a bit dry and cracked (covered with a custom fuzzy dash cover) and the tops of the door panels have seen better days. Not sure what magic I can do there.

I actually like the wheels it came with a lot and hope the previous owner only painted them because the finish was bad previously. I'm tempted to un-paint them. Tirerack is definitely a goto for me when wheels and tires are concerned.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
« Reply #6 on: 09:21:27 PM / 02-Mar-16 »
Welcome! definitely a lot of info here! Happy wrenching!

Offline iceageg

« Reply #7 on: 08:58:19 AM / 03-Mar-16 »
. . . the tops of the door panels have seen better days. Not sure what magic I can do there.
There are some write ups here that people have done.  Shouldn't be too hard to find with a quick search through the forum.
I was afraid all the five gallon buckets of pain stacked four high were going to fall over

Offline weitrhino

• Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
  • '85 Notch just cracked 40k miles! RIP '86 Notch
    • Blue Mouth Promotions LLC
« Reply #8 on: 02:39:07 PM / 03-Mar-16 »
There are some write ups here that people have done.  Shouldn't be too hard to find with a quick search through the forum.

I ordered a simply vinyl repair kit but I'm finding getting the color to match perfectly is difficult for me. I'm a little deficient in that area but I've also considered getting some 3D carbon fiber adhesive to cover over the entire upper portion of the panel. I may still do that when the need arises.
« Last Edit: 02:39:45 PM / 03-Mar-16 by weitrhino »