Replaced sterring rack bushings

Started by S12_Lifer, 04:01:54 PM / 27-Apr-16

Previous topic - Next topic

S12_Lifer

It was brought to my attention by my alignment guy that my bushings on my steering rack needs replacement.  While the car was still on the rack, I was able to shake the rack from side to side and sure enough, the rack was loose.  I purchased some polyurethane bushings for the rack but, I did not like the way they fit (to short).  Luckily, I had two new bushings from the dealer.  I really like the way they fit.  No more shaking on the rack.

My goodies from underneath:  Tomei Turbo Kit, Tomei heat exhaust w/ Turbine Outlet.

Giving her a hot steam bath.

Car show ready!  First car show of the year, May 7, 2016.

kelso840

Man, what a magical land, that California, where it isn't absolutely stupid to put a lift outside.

Loving all your progress posts. Keep it up!
Infrequently driving an s12.

Cajun1guy

I second that! How nice to be able to lift and work/clean the underside. Looking great!

Skeeter

My passenger side bushing decided to give up recently and the shaking is getting on my nerves. Can most Nissan dealers get their hands on these?
93 S13 HICAS - redtop SR, FMIC, Nur-Spec catback, 12psi, untuned, 13.8@98 PARTED AND SCRAPPED
02 WRX - full exhaust, intake, 17psi 13.3@100 SOLD AND THEN TOTALED
91 S13 - redtop SR, CP 9.0 pistons, HKS 264 Step 2 cams, Eagle Rods, Fidanza valvetrain/flywheel, Spec Stg. 3+ clutch, FMIC, welded diff, custom fire wire, 14.7@107  BURNED AND GONE
05 G35 - white, tan leather, RAYS, sexy REPO'D
03 ZX-6R 636 - traded for truck
96 Sierra - 305, 2wd, Cragar D 17's, flowmaster SOLD
89 240sx - bought to flip SOLD
87 200sx - daily KA swapped, still repairing LITTLE BY LITTLE

S12_Lifer

There are some dealers that may have both bushings.  My recommendation is to get the part numbers from www.nissanpartsdeal.com and call your local dealer to see if they still carry the part number.  If not, google the part number and see what comes up.  You may be surprised.

rednucleus

I think there are also some aftermarket poly bushings available

kelso840

It's kind of crazy how different our engine bays look both holding an SR. Yours looks so.... stock.
Infrequently driving an s12.