Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why Does Wheel Shopping Have To Be Such A Pain In The Ass?  (Read 1352 times)

Offline weitrhino

• Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
  • '85 Notch just cracked 46k miles! RIP '86 Notch
    • Blue Mouth Promotions LLC
Seriously! Why is this such a grueling task?

So many sites with drop-down menus for wheel fitment either don't even recognize the S12 exists or like on eBay constantly tell you a wheel won't fit. I like the look of the 7 inch Drag DR20 in black but all I can find are 0 offset and with that the calculators say I'll need 48mm more on the outside. My suspension is stock S12 but 48mm sounds like a lot to give especially up front. The wheel being an inch wider than stock suggests going with a 205 tire so I worry about rub. I'm not about to roll the fenders or add flairs to this car.

So right now I'm sitting on the donut in the rear. Yup, got a flat at the grocery a few days ago and had to throw it on there. The tires are pretty much done anyway so I know I'll replace the set, but why buy tires and then later buy wheels?

The big tire chain here is about to have their Memorial Day sale and on a full set of wheels and tires I could save up to $375, not chicken feed.

I feel stuck.
« Last Edit: 09:27:32 AM / 25-May-16 by weitrhino »

Facebook Share    

Offline deucekazoo

Re: Why Does Wheel Shopping Have To Be Such A Pain In The Ass?
« Reply #1 on: 01:21:23 PM / 25-May-16 »
I know how you feel. I usually use TireRack for my tires and when I went to look up my 86 it did not list the 200sx. But it does list if for all the other years, (84, 85, 87,88). I don't know if its a glitch or if the wheel set up is different. I think they are all the same in those years but I could be wrong. I think the V6 200sxs are different. Try searching for a different year to see if you get more options. I am looking at getting the Enkei classics in gold. I like the way that looks. I want something with a deep dish to it. I don't like the way the wheels look when they are all wheel on the outside. I miss the dish these days.
Let us know what you find out or get.

Offline DjayS12

• Vehicle: 1986 Nissan S12
Re: Why Does Wheel Shopping Have To Be Such A Pain In The Ass?
« Reply #2 on: 09:24:35 AM / 02-Jun-16 »
the first set of wheel I ever fitted on my car were DR20 15X7 0et and the fitted perfect... you might need a little bit of camber up front or a slight pull.