Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not idling right??  (Read 1442 times)

Offline 200sxian86

• Sub-n00b
Not idling right??
« on: 02:25:00 AM / 10-Jul-16 »
Hey guys, so I'm new to club s12, I bought an 86 a little while ago for a good price because it needed a couple things. Basic info on it is that it has a dual cam ka swap, front end is mostly from an s13. Anyways, I replaced the power steering and also rewired the switch that came in it which is to prime it. The guy I got it from said that he put a Walbro electric fuel pump and switch to start it so it would be harder to steal. But don't know if that's the case. Basically the car wouldn't hold a charge and wouldn't stay idling if I didn't have my foot of the gas. So after I read wired the switch I hoped it would fix the idle part. It didn't. I thought it was just a cold start thing but even when I drive it for like 30 minutes, it will still die at a light or stop sign or even down hill if I don't keep giving it gas. If anyone has ideas on what it could be please let me know, I couldn't find anything when I searched for it. Thanks!

Facebook Share    

Offline kelso840

Re: Not idling right??
« Reply #1 on: 12:34:21 AM / 11-Jul-16 »
Bring up your idle until it doesn't die?
Infrequently driving an s12.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
« Reply #2 on: 05:57:39 PM / 11-Jul-16 »
Check for vacuum leaks. When you put your foot on the gas does it smooth out?

Offline deucekazoo

« Reply #3 on: 08:07:18 AM / 12-Jul-16 »
I second checking for vacuum leaks. If you can replace all your vacuum lines. I did this on mine and the cars runs and idles so much better.

Offline ndd

• n00b
  • 84 hatch 5.0. 86 notch 2.0
« Reply #4 on: 08:23:25 PM / 18-Jul-16 »
I use carb cleaner with a red nozzle and spray small amounts near vacuum hoses if idle picks up you found leak