Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fan A/C did not work too good  (Read 5454 times)

Offline deucekazoo

Fan A/C did not work too good
« on: 10:46:36 AM / 25-Jul-16 »
So turned the fan on a while back and heard some leaves and stuff flying around inside the box. So had time to clean it out this weekend. Dropped the fan motor down and cleaned out the cage. It had leaves and other stuff inside. Before putting it back I reached up inside the box to see if any leaves made it inside and felt some fuzzy stuff. Oh here we go!

So put some gloves and cleaned it out as much as I could. The vacuum did the rest.

I think I had a whole couch in there.

I could not see up in there so I was taking pictures to make sure I got it all.
So after that I added a new seal to the fan motor and put everything back together. One amazing thing is after 30 years the A/C still blows cold. I think it works better than my newer cars.
So now I actually get air flow out of the vents. Imagine that.
« Last Edit: 08:16:13 AM / 10-Aug-17 by deucekazoo »

Facebook Share    

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
Re: Fan A/C did not work too good
« Reply #1 on: 03:40:00 PM / 25-Jul-16 »
damn where was she sitting to get all that shit in there? Iv'e never had an s12 with a/c lol So I usually remove all that stuff...

Offline deucekazoo

« Reply #2 on: 07:18:27 AM / 26-Jul-16 »
That is inside the air/heater box. So even if you don't have air you have this box. I think the car was parked under a car port most of its life. I bought it from a guy that bought it from the original owner. So it was out of the elements but not from animals. I am pretty sure a mouse decided to build a city inside the car.  :glarestraight:
Just something for you guys to check if your fan does not work to good. Or if you are getting fluff through the vents.

Offline rednucleus

• Old Fart #2
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
« Reply #3 on: 11:26:59 AM / 26-Jul-16 »
And don't forget that stuff can be full of Hantavirus and can kill you dead. Should not remove with vacuum as it aerosolizes the virus. Should spray down with a weak bleach soln 1st. Wear mask & gloves. Just a friendly reminder from your nuclear veterinarian!

Offline Cajun1guy

• Old fart (pedoro numero uno)
  • Vehicle: 1984 Nissan 200SX
« Reply #4 on: 11:41:57 AM / 26-Jul-16 »
Yes, I cringe whenever those car shows find an old whooptie full of rat crap and nests, and those guys start pulling the stuff out without gloves / respirator!