Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Im tempt to buy the only s12 in my country  (Read 972 times)

Offline Sinewave

• Sub-n00b
Im tempt to buy the only s12 in my country
« on: 10:28:38 AM / 24-Aug-16 »
Hi guys! Im Mario from Italy! I've found probably the only s12 in my country and im tempted to buy it.

In my garage i have an s13 chassis and a jdm sr20det redtop, i was planning to build a track 240sx and now im thinking to switch everything i have on that s12.
I read that megan racing do coilovers, but there are other aftermarket support, like strut brace,swaybars and lsd? It's a good car for occasional track session?
Im little worried about the rear subrafme, i read that it's not that good when it comes to drifting and racing.

Thanks in advance, every info is usefull :)
« Last Edit: 11:30:59 AM / 24-Aug-16 by Sinewave »

Facebook Share    

Offline kelso840

Re: Im tempt to buy the only s12 in my country
« Reply #1 on: 10:33:51 AM / 24-Aug-16 »
If you just want to drive a fun car, stick with your s13 and put what you already have into it. If you really want an s12 and don't mind that it will cost more in time and money and you will have almost no aftermarket support, get the s12.

Unless you can get it really cheap or it's a GP model, I'd say stick with the s13.

Infrequently driving an s12.

Offline iceageg

« Reply #2 on: 12:21:46 PM / 24-Aug-16 »
Welcome to the group.  I hope you and yours are safe after the earthquake.  The short answer to your question is no, there are no aftermarket parts for the S12.  Compared to the S13 you will spend a great deal more time and money fabricating custom parts and adapting parts from other cars to work on your S12.  An S12 will give you more reward by being unique and very much your own creation while still being fun to drive.  Your S13 will give you more reward by being able to drive it more often, and many more bolt on options to make it what you want.

Most people will get more enjoyment out of an S13.  If you do not enjoy spending time working on your car and fabricating custom parts as much as you enjoy driving it you should stick with your S13.  If you decide to get the S12 you will spend a great deal of time here.  This is the single best source of information about these cars.
I was afraid all the five gallon buckets of pain stacked four high were going to fall over

Offline Sinewave

• Sub-n00b
« Reply #3 on: 07:25:28 PM / 26-Aug-16 »
Thanks iceageg, fortunately im in rome and here we just felt a little shake, but big enough to wobble our walls and shat our pants. The whole nation and individuals are giving help, but unfortunately we are bad at preventing. That was a danger siesmic zone but like none of the buildings were anti-siesmic, also one school with antisiesmic certification went down... so things are not that clear
Here's the s12 im looking for
http://ww3.autoscout24.it/classified/287987862?asrc=st
its a bit expensive but here beated up s13 costs 4000$, so if he low a bit his price it would be a nice deal, also it's on top condition.
« Last Edit: 09:22:17 PM / 26-Aug-16 by Sinewave »

Offline rednucleus

• Old Fart #2
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
« Reply #4 on: 09:55:45 PM / 26-Aug-16 »
Car looks very clean including no crack s in door cards or dash. Wish my daily looked like that!

Online CzechSilvia

« Reply #5 on: 03:15:19 AM / 27-Aug-16 »
http://ww3.autoscout24.it/classified/287987862?asrc=st

4.500€ is a lot of money for a US/Australia imported model with a ca20e. The shell looks really clean though, it would be great for a swap
« Last Edit: 03:17:12 AM / 27-Aug-16 by CzechSilvia »
But what do I know? All I know about cars I learned from youtube...

Offline weitrhino

• Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
  • '85 Notch just cracked 40k miles! RIP '86 Notch
    • Blue Mouth Promotions LLC
« Reply #6 on: 11:35:43 AM / 27-Aug-16 »
4.500€ is a lot of money for a US/Australia imported model with a ca20e. The shell looks really clean though, it would be great for a swap

Yes, that's just over $5000USD and would be about double what I'd be willing to pay. Still, if it's rare and provides you with that certain sense of pride and exclusivity the go for it.