Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: getting new clutch  (Read 683 times)

Online CzechSilvia

getting new clutch
« on: 03:36:53 AM / 29-Aug-16 »
Hi

My '85 Silvia with CA18ET has a slipping clutch so my next project is changing it. Someone here recommended the XTD clutch for S13 CA18DET and since these should be direct bolt-on and are really affordable I'll probably go with that but the thing is, I don't know which one of the 3 stages to pick. Eventually, I plan to get some more power from the engine than what's stock but nothing too serious, I would be more than happy with 150-160hp.

The XTD clutch stages 1-3 don't differ much in price so I wouldn't mind paying for the stage 3 but is there also a downside to picking higher stage over the lower ones? Which stage should I pick?
Post Merge
UPDATE: Alright, I've been reading into differences between organic, kevlar and ceramic disk plates and so far it seems to me that although having a kevlar or ceramic clutch sounds a lot cooler, I will be better off with the stage one which is organic. What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: 07:24:35 AM / 31-Aug-16 by CzechSilvia »

Facebook Share    

But what do I know? All I know about cars I learned from youtube...