Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: High beams always on!  (Read 646 times)

Offline Frenchy308

High beams always on!
« on: 08:50:50 PM / 08-Jan-17 »
I just hooked up the battery to my 88 S12 project and the high beams came on with the key off. I tryed  the switch and the popup switch. I have power to r/l and r/y at the bulbs, the 2 headlight relays the or/b have power and when i remove one relay one light gose out but when i plug it in i dont feel a click (stuck closed? ), also have power at the p and p/b wire on the head light sensor, when the sensor is unplughed the both shut off. I wish i checked the switch before i shut down for the day but il do that tomorrow. Any ideas what else i should check?

Facebook Share    

Offline Frenchy308

Re: High beams always on!
« Reply #1 on: 11:19:19 PM / 20-Jan-17 »
After further investigation, the internal "sled" of the headlight switch broke of and stuck into the high beam position, luckly i had a 90 Nissan Hardbody sitting in the yard and the connector and every thing was the same. unfortunately my headlights do not retract still but they do work. on a separate note Hardbody wiper switch's are not compatible :/