Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Exhaust Manifold Plug?  (Read 961 times)

Offline cunninac

• n00b
  • Vehicle: 1986 Nissan 200SX SE
  • It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Exhaust Manifold Plug?
« on: 01:12:37 PM / 06-Feb-17 »
I', running a 1986 200SX w/ CA20E. Just rebuilt the heads and it's finally all buttoned up but I found a plug (?) on the top of my exhaust manifold that seems to be leaking. Any idea what it is and why/how to fix it?

https://goo.gl/photos/VEahYGsghBsSQAZu9

Facebook Share    

Offline rednucleus

• Old Fart #2
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
Re: Exhaust Manifold Plug?
« Reply #1 on: 07:32:59 PM / 06-Feb-17 »
I believe that's where the turbo goes on the CA18 - uses the same manifold.  Hope someone else chimes in on best stuff to use for sealant. Have you removed it yet? May be a bugger to get out and could damage the threads.

Offline deucekazoo

« Reply #2 on: 07:55:25 AM / 07-Feb-17 »
I have an 86 CA18 turbo engine and I don't have that plug. It almost looks like the EGR tube connection. My EGR tube connection is on the downpipe by the O2 sensor on the CA18. I would take the plug out and see if you can find some nickel anti siege. Cote the crap out of it and put it back in. I think over time the carbon will seal it up. Nickel anti siege is real high temp.

Offline cunninac

• n00b
  • Vehicle: 1986 Nissan 200SX SE
  • It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
« Reply #3 on: 01:28:03 PM / 10-Feb-17 »
I believe that's where the turbo goes on the CA18 - uses the same manifold.  Hope someone else chimes in on best stuff to use for sealant. Have you removed it yet? May be a bugger to get out and could damage the threads.

I have not removed it yet... seems like it's leaking oil... no idea why but it smokes.

I have an 86 CA18 turbo engine and I don't have that plug. It almost looks like the EGR tube connection. My EGR tube connection is on the downpipe by the O2 sensor on the CA18. I would take the plug out and see if you can find some nickel anti siege. Cote the crap out of it and put it back in. I think over time the carbon will seal it up. Nickel anti siege is real high temp.

The EGR tube connection is further down on the manifold below the O2 Sensor.

This SOB is rusted in place pretty damn good. it's odd because it wasn't leaking before I pulled the heads and I only removed the bolts there. I'll dig further and see if I can figure something out. Maybe an old timer might know a bit more.