Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rattles and noises.....  (Read 205 times)

Offline ndd

• n00b
  • 84 hatch 5.0. 86 notch 2.0
Rattles and noises.....
« on: 10:44:54 AM / 27-Apr-17 »
 :evillaugh: My s12's have rattles and noises associated with age and Michigans  complete shit roads. Both cars have the same thunk in drivers door and the creaking noise on passenger sid dash board near wind shield.  Has any one had the same noises?  I plan on using part of my weekend to find and maybe eliminate a few noises!  Has any one else gone through there s12 and eliminate squeaks and rattles? If so any successes?  Hate rattles ! Love my s12 peace!!!

Facebook Share    

Offline deucekazoo

Re: Rattles and noises.....
« Reply #1 on: 11:17:23 AM / 27-Apr-17 »
The only major noise I had was from the rear diff bushing and the cradle bushings. Once I replaced those the car is pretty quite. Just turn the radio up louder.  :tongue2:

Offline Skeeter

• n00b
« Reply #2 on: 04:32:20 PM / 04-Oct-17 »
Mine is a rattle trap. My dash rattles near the windshield and I know that my passenger side A pillar trim rattles against the dash sometimes. Easy way to stop them is shove folded up paper or a slip of cardboard between them. For the door-related sounds, make sure your hinges are tight by opening the door and picking up on it. It shouldn't have any movement up and down. If the sound is coming from inside the door panel, then your window regulator or window may be loose.
93 S13 HICAS - redtop SR, FMIC, Nur-Spec catback, 12psi, untuned, 13.8@98 PARTED AND SCRAPPED
02 WRX - full exhaust, intake, 17psi 13.3@100 SOLD AND THEN TOTALED
91 S13 - redtop SR, CP 9.0 pistons, HKS 264 Step 2 cams, Eagle Rods, Fidanza valvetrain/flywheel, Spec Stg. 3+ clutch, FMIC, welded diff, custom fire wire, 14.7@107  BURNED AND GONE
05 G35 - white, tan leather, RAYS, sexy REPO'D
03 ZX-6R 636 - traded for truck
96 Sierra - 305, 2wd, Cragar D 17's, flowmaster SOLD
89 240sx - bought to flip SOLD
87 200sx - daily KA swapped, still repairing LITTLE BY LITTLE

Offline ndd

• n00b
« Reply #3 on: 07:20:05 PM / 04-Oct-17 »
I may have the same rattle by dash as you I have two of these s12s on notch one hatch and they both have same rattles creeks etc though the hatch has more due to all the old plastic back there and yes I have found doors get noises when window partially down due to degrading window seals but I so love both of my s12s

Offline JonB

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • S12 Guru
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: 10:54:33 PM / 04-Oct-17 »
Yep, very noisy. Generally they get worse the longer I own them.

I wouldn't have developed such a relationship with the cheapest, lightest, rwd coupes I could find if NVH was a top priority.

Offline kelso840

« Reply #5 on: 06:51:48 AM / 05-Oct-17 »
I've got a trunk rattle, near the windshield rattle, heat shield rattle coming off throttle, and a plastic something that will intermittently *tink* in the center console while turning.

DRIVES ME NUTS!
Infrequently driving an s12.

Offline Cajun1guy

• Old fart (pedoro numero uno)
  • Vehicle: 1984 Nissan 200SX
« Reply #6 on: 06:16:02 PM / 05-Oct-17 »
That is why you put in a good stereo system.

Offline ndd

• n00b
« Reply #7 on: 06:56:17 PM / 05-Oct-17 »
Well even with its noises and little vibrations my s12s will always be my favorite cars I've owned my other rides are 96 Tacoma and 99 Camry the Camry is smooth as glass but about as exciting as novacaine to drive Tacoma is near death cause of rust engines in toyotas indestructible