Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windshield wiper linkage problems  (Read 620 times)

Offline donintampa

• n00b
Windshield wiper linkage problems
« on: 02:32:43 PM / 12-Jun-17 »
The wiper linkage on my 86 s-12 coop is actually rusted out at one end and the plastic clip was distroyed in the process. Any recent sources for the plastic insert?  I can fabricate a new linkage end but want to replace all the worn plastic while at it.   Thanks in advance.

Facebook Share    

Offline rednucleus

• Old Fart #2
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
Re: Windshield wiper linkage problems
« Reply #1 on: 03:29:56 PM / 12-Jun-17 »
I have seen assorted plastic cups at local parts stores. Need to take in one of yours for reference. Last time I did mine I got them from the dealer.

Offline donintampa

• n00b
« Reply #2 on: 10:25:01 PM / 12-Jun-17 »
I found the replacement assortment at autozone and one size seems about right.  Still have to fabricate a new end for the rusted-out end, but I now have a plan.   

I keep thinking that the tuff rubber bands used for lobster claws would prevent any "pop out" for the older, still viable joints.  It's a great excuse to buy a lobster or two :-)

Offline ndd

• n00b
  • 84 hatch 5.0. 86 notch 2.0
« Reply #3 on: 12:10:13 PM / 13-Jun-17 »
I had this prob with 86 notch.  Found beat up maxima say mid 90's used linkage inserts slightly different but got them to work