Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Summer S12 meet, 2017  (Read 346 times)

Offline S12_Lifer

• S12 for life!
Summer S12 meet, 2017
« on: 06:21:51 PM / 12-Jun-17 »
Hello everyone!  We are hoping we can break the record to have twelve S12's at this summer's meet.  Should be a lot of fun.  Breakfast and lunch will be provided and of course, pictures and video of the meet will be provided.  Hope you can join us! 

Facebook Share    

Offline Sanchez36

• n00b
  • Vehicle: 1986 Nissan 200SX
  • God Bless the S12 owners.
Re: Summer S12 meet, 2017
« Reply #1 on: 08:28:30 AM / 13-Jul-17 »
Hope top be there. With all the wonderful mishaps that my S12 goes through because of previous neglected attention. It seems that now it hasn't been major repairs, but it has taken a while due to these obsolete cars and parts hard to get a hold of.

Offline 86forever

« Reply #2 on: 11:33:31 AM / 23-Jul-17 »
ill try to make it i am having ignition problems :(
« Last Edit: 11:34:09 AM / 23-Jul-17 by 86forever »

Offline S12_Lifer

• S12 for life!
« Reply #3 on: 10:36:39 AM / 06-Aug-17 »
This summer's meet we fell short of our goal which was 12.   We had a total of 9 that showed and even had two new members that are now part of the S12 family.  As always, we had a great time talking S12 lingo and showing  off our latest mods/upgrades.

A couple of S12's rolling in for staging.

The newest member to join us, Tony with his 86 notch.

That's Gus rolling in with his 85 MK1 which has the VG motor.

Sanchez rolling in with his 86 hatch.

Dennis with his 86 notch also known on the forum as 86forever.

I picked up this MK2 a couple of years ago.  This will be restoration project #6 (Green Gobblin).  She has the CA20e which runs great so no rush to get her done.  For a more aggressive stance, I went with KYB shocks/struts , Canuck lowering springs for the front and adjustable collars with SSS Blue Coil (600lbs) for the rear.  I also wanted to experiment with different XXR wheels, 16x9 (rear) with a zero off-set and 16x8 (front) with a zero off-set.  As you can see the wheels stick out from the fenders about a half inch.  However, there is no rubbing on the fenders.  I am very weight conscious which is why I do not carry a spare and jack.  I also had a new exhaust system put in from the new cat to a new magnaflow muffler and tip which sounds absolutely bad-ass!

Experimenting with fender flares.  What do you guys think?  I would have to remove the side moldings to have the flares sit flush.  Have to think about that one.

Enjoying breakfast with lot's of Gatorade and mimosa's.

This 86 notch is the newest of my collection.  Picked her up last month when I took my buddy to get his S12 smogged.  When we pulled up to the shop, this S12 was the only car in the parking lot.  What are the odds of that happening?  I immediately started looking for the owner who is a mechanic from a shop next door.  I asked him about the S12 and he mentioned to me that it belonged to an elderly woman.  When she turned 92, she could no longer drive and donated the car to her one and only mechanic, my new friend Dan.  After inspecting the car, I was in complete shock on how well preserved this car has lasted.  Not a single crack on the dash or door panels.  This XE is fully loaded with working AC (R12), working original stereo, original upholstery and motor (CA20e) starts immediately.  The only downside for me is that this S12 is a notch (hatch guy) and it's automatic.  However, I knew I could not just walk away from this well preserved Japanese classic.  I told him I would give him $700 cash right now.  He agreed and I am now the new owner.

The odometer reads 97,700.

The S12 crew.  Notice the asian guy standing behind Gus with the black collared shirt.  That's Hyung who use to be an active member on the Forum.  He now works overseas and keeps his S12 in storage.

The newest member of the S12 family, Cindy.  Before getting on line for the road trip to lunch, I discovered for the first time we were short on drivers.  Since I did not want to leave any S12's behind, I recruited the last person to have a license.  Cindy is the girlfriend of Roberto who is the brother of Gus.  At first she was hesitant but after a couple of minuets of peer pressure, she gave in.

I bet you guys did not know I am a kung fu master.

Raiden lives!

Forming up for the road trip to Vista.

Our nicely reserved parking spots at the El Ranchero Restaurant.

As always, another great meet where all S12 owners and friends get together at least twice a year.  Unfortunately, we had some last minute cancellations due to mostly work obligations or mechanical issues.  Our goal for these meets is to have twelve S12's which would beat our record of 11 (last summer).  If any of you are interested in having meets near your city/state, please let me know.  I have already asked several of the guys if they are willing to take a road trip outside of CA.  All have said yes, at least to Las Vegas.  Perhaps we can have a future meet there which is a little closer to you folks in the Midwest.  S12 for life!

Offline ndd

• n00b
  • 84 hatch 5.0. 86 notch 2.0
« Reply #4 on: 10:46:42 AM / 06-Aug-17 »
Oh guys so jealous !!! Here in sw Michigan I know of only two other members forgot names. Would be cool if a meet was closer I would love to meet the other folks who enjoy the s12 as much as I do!  And no I'm not a long time member but have owned an s12 since 94! Bought from the lemon lot from usmc base cherry point. I am not a noob!  Would like to find meet closer home !! Lifer you are an inspiration !!  Semper Fi!

Offline mod_mastaz

« Reply #5 on: 07:09:47 AM / 12-Aug-17 »

The S12 crew.  Notice the asian guy standing behind Gus with the black collared shirt.  That's Hyung who use to be an active member on the Forum.  He now works overseas and keeps his S12 in storage.

Hey asshole it's HUNG* not Hyung haha. Anyway thanks for a nice meet and it was nice seeing everyone again. Good thing it happened during the time I was visiting. Sorry I had to dip out early but I was on a time crunch!

Anyway, jealous of the notch you found. Always getting the deals. But now that I'm in Europe, Mark is convincing me to ship back an actual GP. I might need your help getting it through customs. I assume you have some experience with international shipping haha. Also considering a DR30 down the road as I'll have more time in Asia next year.

Keep up the meets man! I know the community is shrinking but it's nice to see these still on the road. I'll try to stop by same time next year. When I move back stateside I'll get the S12 out, but that's a few years from now.