Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My S12 Nostalgia Project, 12 Years in the Making  (Read 5633 times)

Offline kelso840

Re: My S12 Nostalgia Project, 12 Years in the Making
« Reply #20 on: 10:41:07 AM / 28-Oct-19 »
Love it. Are you going to be the first one to have that motor in an s12?
Infrequently driving an s12.

Offline mikey

• Garage Hangs
« Reply #21 on: 11:54:53 AM / 28-Oct-19 »
Love it. Are you going to be the first one to have that motor in an s12?

There are a handful of people out there with the motor in S13s, but I believe I will be first into the S12. 

Circa 2007

Offline iceageg

« Reply #22 on: 07:45:48 AM / 29-Oct-19 »
I don't recall this swap into an S12.  With the standalone it should be fairly easy once the mounts are fabricated.  Ignore the hate that you anticipate.  Just don't butcher the V6 cross member if you can avoid it please.
I was afraid all the five gallon buckets of pain stacked four high were going to fall over

Offline mikey

• Garage Hangs
« Reply #23 on: 08:52:22 AM / 29-Oct-19 »
I don't recall this swap into an S12.  With the standalone it should be fairly easy once the mounts are fabricated.  Ignore the hate that you anticipate.  Just don't butcher the V6 cross member if you can avoid it please.

That's what I'm hoping for!  I know I'm definitely going to run into issues with the front sway bar, there's no way around that.  And there's a chance I'll need to do some modification to the trans tunnel for fitment.  Honestly though, I don't think there's going to be too many fitment issued based on my preliminary measurements.

Tell ya what, ship me over a 4cyl cross member and I promise I won't hack up the V6 one :idea: :grinwink:
« Last Edit: 08:52:32 AM / 29-Oct-19 by mikey »

Circa 2007

Offline iceageg

« Reply #24 on: 04:27:16 PM / 29-Oct-19 »
. . .
Tell ya what, ship me over a 4cyl cross member and I promise I won't hack up the V6 one :idea: :grinwink:

I wish I had a notch.  I'd trade you the members and start down the VG33 swap road with the notch.  I miss my notch . . . need S12 in my life again.
I was afraid all the five gallon buckets of pain stacked four high were going to fall over