Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The plastic S12 headache thread.  (Read 63 times)

Offline JonB

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • S12 Guru
    • http://
The plastic S12 headache thread.
« on: 04:37:54 AM / 30-Nov-19 »
So the dash vents got me thinking about the other plastic bits in the S12 which are nearly impossible to replace.

So I figured i'd see what plastic parts you other guys had problems with.

I got a few to start;

1; the dash vents clearly take the lead.
2; the plastic ball socket part on the wiper arms.
3; the plastic ball sockets on the headlight arms.
4: the plastic part of the throttle cable that meets the firewall.
5; the plastic coupe rear sail vents.

Should rubber parts be included, or are there probably enough for an S12 rubber headache thread(provided anyone joins this thread)

Facebook Share    

Offline rednucleus

• Old Fart #2
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
Re: The plastic S12 headache thread.
« Reply #1 on: 12:29:16 PM / 30-Nov-19 »
I have replaced wiper sockets from parts off the rack at OReillys

Offline Han Zhang

« Reply #2 on: 01:51:29 PM / 30-Nov-19 »
The rear quarter window latch one mine is broken. Never seen anyone complain about those, though.

Not really a headache, but I've noticed a lust for factory aero. I have recently aquired a 10 piece body kit (9 piece SE ground effects and SE spoiler), and was wondering if it were possible to reproduce. I am considering selling reproductions if the demand is high enough.

Offline weitrhino

• Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
  • '85 Notch just cracked 46k miles! RIP '86 Notch
    • Blue Mouth Promotions LLC
« Reply #3 on: 02:52:36 PM / 30-Nov-19 »
The rear quarter window latch one mine is broken. Never seen anyone complain about those, though.

Not really a headache, but I've noticed a lust for factory aero. I have recently aquired a 10 piece body kit (9 piece SE ground effects and SE spoiler), and was wondering if it were possible to reproduce. I am considering selling reproductions if the demand is high enough.

Thoughts on both points:

I'm a notch guy but I have heard complaints over broken window latches several times over the last few years, the same with sunroof latches.

As far as the 'aero' parts, my sense is the front lips and MkII rear mud pods would be the biggest sellers. I drive a Mk1 and was very fortunate to find full set of NOS Mk1 pods for both front and rear wheels. There's probably less demand for those but because they were still in the factory box I snapped them up!