All the hoses...

Started by spec, 07:56:13 PM / 16-Jan-21

Previous topic - Next topic

spec

Hello!

Does anyone here has a good supplier for all the water and air hoses around the engine? Mine are not in very good shape, I definitely need to replace them before they crack and ruin my car.

I've looked online, but only found a shop in japan, where I might could order some for their weight in gold or, well, nothing.

So has anyone an idea where I might get an entire kit?

Thanks guys!

JonB

Im afraid I dont have an answer for you.

You could try nissan dealers. If that dosent work, you could maybe have the local autoparts store try to match them.

I figured id make most of the hose out of steel, and use just short flex sections if need be. And i also watched how silicone hoses are made. But luckily, im ok for now on this matter.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

spec

Thank you. I'm on the same approach, so yes, I assume that will be my solution, too.

Nissan dealers will be difficult, I'm from germany which means two things: a) Nissan dealers don't know the Silvia anymore b) Nissan's central warehouse for germany or maybe even europe (I'm not sure anymore) burned down back in the days, most of the spare parts like that are gone...

Well, we'll see. I hope I get her back on the road again this year!

BOSSMAN

Where are you getting parts for your S12 locally or do you order parts online?  It's getting harder here in North America to get parts from local parts stores so I can't imagine how members in other countries (other then Japan?) sources their parts.  There is a large online retailer in USA called Rockauto that I order parts from (I'm in Canada), I think they do ship international but I don't know what's the cost.  Like JonB said you can try bringing the old hoses to your local parts supplier for a match.
86 CA18ET....owner since 1990.
The name is Bossman, but you can call me Mr. Panda....My other car is a Buick....
My Skyline is here!  My Skyline is here!

sideways_s12

Bossman? I havent seen that name in a long while lol Try oem-surplus.com I'm not sure if they do International shipping tho...

BOSSMAN

Not much left at OEM surplus.  Mr. Panda is collecting dust but I still log onto club-s12 during my lunch break if I'm at work.
The name is Bossman, but you can call me Mr. Panda....My other car is a Buick....

sideways_s12

Yeah Ive heard that. How is the panda?

BOSSMAN

Quote from: sideways_s12 on 10:59:40 AM / 04-Feb-21
Yeah Ive heard that. How is the panda?
The back seat and all the trunk trims are out when I sent it to a body shop to have the rusty wheel well fix on the driver side.  I know the PS pump is done but I got a used one from Indy when he parted all his S12 stuff. 

sideways_s12

Ahh ok. Have you talked to indy lately? I wonder what happened to the s12 OG's like if they still have their s12's and how lifes been treating them...

BOSSMAN

Last time I saw Indy was 10 years ago when he dropped off a bunch of stuff he parted.  His girlfriend was waiting in his new car, a black Mustang, so we didn't talk much.  I bet you he is now married with kids and a mortgage, working on some desk job like I was at his age.

sideways_s12

Well That sucks. I take it he doesn't have his s12 anymore.

BOSSMAN

Just checked my PM's and looks like he sold all his S12 stuff back in 2009.  He was last active on 2019 but I don't know how accurate with the forum date tracking.  I know many online car forums and users have switch to FB so maybe he's on there.

sideways_s12

Yeah thats possible. The date tracker on here is pretty accurate. I think some people come through just to see if the place is still standing...