Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Im back... Sort of.  (Read 2989 times)

Offline Nemisis

• S12 Guru
Im back... Sort of.
« on: 05:29:36 PM / 09-Mar-21 »
7:10pm, September 13, 2010. That was the last time I posted in this club. I came here ignorant to this car and believe I stepped away a little wiser. It has been well over 10 years since I have spoken to anyone here, and I have recently had the thought of S12s run through my head for a full work day. I made the decision to make a partial return to see if I could get back in this game, as I am now (or shortly will be) in a better position in life to dedicate time, space and a bit of money to a car.

I hope that some of the older members will remember me, as I was pretty active back in the day.

What have I been up to for 10 years? Well, I got divorced, had a few failed relationships afterward that made me realize I'm better off single instead of constantly riding an emotional roller coaster of getting left. Currently working a halfway decent job that is deemed "essential", but most importantly, I am going to be closing on my first house next week. Its small, in really good shape, and it has a TWO CAR GARAGE. Yup. Me, living by myself, with a two car garage. I was specifically looking for a garage with whatever house I get to make sure that I'm going to have a place to work on a project car, but having a nice big two car garage blew my expectation. It did take about a year to find a suitable house, but it may well be worth it. Now of course the problem is that I only have the one car, a 2015 Fiesta. Did you know they still made brand new cars with manual crank windows? Yea, when some dude did a hit and run on my last car, I needed something basic and reliable; so I buckled and bought that thing brand new. I absolutely hate it, but I stick with it because I want a daily for whenever I get something awesome.

So if you haven't put 2 and 2 together; I have a garage that can store an extra car, I have a daily driver, and I have come back to a club for a car that is forgotten by many but loved passionately by a few.

Thats right, I'm hoping I can find an S12 in decent condition, although I am also heavily considering a Z31 instead due to having better aftermarket support for what I'd want to do- So please don't be offended if I go that route.

I have talked enough, so if you guys have any questions or comments, go for it.

And as always, Tacos and Beer.

Facebook Share    

May she rest in peace 07-12-06
1984 Nissan Silvia RS12 CA18ET

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2015 Ford Fiesta base model... and I mean BASE- Manual crank windows and no cruise control.

1986 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 5spd T-top *Project: White Knight*

Offline rednucleus

• Old Fart #2
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
Re: Im back... Sort of.
« Reply #1 on: 06:04:07 PM / 09-Mar-21 »
Welcome back!  You will find much less traffic here than your last visit. Sadly, other social media gets most of the action these days. Seldom see more than 5 posts a week thought he shout box does a little better. Good luck finding another S12. You will be amazed how quickly your garage fills up!

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
« Reply #2 on: 08:55:16 PM / 09-Mar-21 »
Welcome back bro! As red said traffic is way down. Ive just recently came back to from a 5 year hiatus sold all my s12's and goodies to a fellow member as my family and I were supposed to move to the UK. That plan got junked (long story) then my wife got sick and eventually passed away last year. 2020 was a shit year for us as it was for many. I wanted to get back to something familiar so I got with Raven (the member I sold my s12's too 3 to be exact lol) and I'm bringing one back from the dead! if you have Instagram go add my s12 page I made Project_Phoenix_s12 is the name. I hope to be rolling again by summer but we'll see. glad your back. Ive been trying to light a fire under some asses to come back and post along with the people in the chat box. trying to get people to post their updates in their build threads...

Offline Nemisis

• S12 Guru
« Reply #3 on: 09:38:33 PM / 09-Mar-21 »
Jason, I'm sorry for you loss. I hope that coming back swinging into this community and building your car will help with coping. Just don't lose sight of everything else you have going on and let it absorb you.

Unfortunately I don't have Instagram. I don't do any of the social media outside of Facebook. I'm sure I'll be seeing the more major updates on there when you share them, and I'll probably be more active there as well, only checking back here for the car sales and looking up any information that I need for future plans. Really looking forward to getting something that fits what I'm looking for so I can bring it to my dad and show him MY idea of a project car (I helped a little with his project car- 1976 Triumph TR6. Looks cool, but its slow as shit, too small for normal Americans, and has the chassis rigidity of a wet noodle).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2015 Ford Fiesta base model... and I mean BASE- Manual crank windows and no cruise control.

Offline seishuku

• 1998CC's of fun!
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan S12
« Reply #4 on: 12:12:34 PM / 10-Mar-21 »
Welcome back!
Matt W.
Daily: 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Previous Daily: 2011 Camaro V6 (tree fell on it)
Previous previous: 2013 VW Jetta TDI super polluter (got bought back)

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
« Reply #5 on: 12:52:14 PM / 10-Mar-21 »
Jason, I'm sorry for you loss. I hope that coming back swinging into this community and building your car will help with coping. Just don't lose sight of everything else you have going on and let it absorb you.

Unfortunately I don't have Instagram. I don't do any of the social media outside of Facebook. I'm sure I'll be seeing the more major updates on there when you share them, and I'll probably be more active there as well, only checking back here for the car sales and looking up any information that I need for future plans. Really looking forward to getting something that fits what I'm looking for so I can bring it to my dad and show him MY idea of a project car (I helped a little with his project car- 1976 Triumph TR6. Looks cool, but its slow as shit, too small for normal Americans, and has the chassis rigidity of a wet noodle).

Thanks! Yeah I'm sure it will help with coping. Just needed something to get back to some normalcy. And if there's anything I know about its definitely s12's.

Did you ever check out the ca18det page on facebook?

Offline Nemisis

• S12 Guru
« Reply #6 on: 05:15:30 PM / 10-Mar-21 »
Thanks! Yeah I'm sure it will help with coping. Just needed something to get back to some normalcy. And if there's anything I know about its definitely s12's.

Did you ever check out the ca18det page on facebook?

Yea, I took a quick glance and it looks like they'll be a big help. First step is to get the house squared away, and then see what car I end up with; then that will determine if I join that page. I really would absolutely love it if I got a MkI turbo like I originally had, I know that one the best, and it fits my vision of what I want.
Post Merge
Welcome back!

MATT! Its been forever dude! I can't believe you're still on here. I'm glad to see this place has been kept up and many of the older members are somewhat active. I'm starting to feel really good about this!
« Last Edit: 05:21:20 PM / 10-Mar-21 by Nemisis »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline seishuku

• 1998CC's of fun!
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #7 on: 12:16:34 PM / 11-Mar-21 »
MATT! Its been forever dude! I can't believe you're still on here. I'm glad to see this place has been kept up and many of the older members are somewhat active. I'm starting to feel really good about this!
Yep, been a loooooong time! lol
Yeah, I try to stop in a few times a week... Even though it's been 6 years since my s12 has been gone.

If I could find one that wasn't completely rotted out and had a garage space to work in, I wouldn't mind getting another one...

Still living in Wisconsin?
Matt W.

Offline Nemisis

• S12 Guru
« Reply #8 on: 04:45:31 PM / 11-Mar-21 »
Yep, been a loooooong time! lol
Yeah, I try to stop in a few times a week... Even though it's been 6 years since my s12 has been gone.

If I could find one that wasn't completely rotted out and had a garage space to work in, I wouldn't mind getting another one...

Still living in Wisconsin?

YESSIR! Im actually at my parent's house right now- its that nice big place with the 4 car garage we got together at for one of the midwest meets you were at. I moved in here after a breakup with a girl cuz I had nowhere else to go, so I decided that I was going to try and get a house of my own. Now that I found a place and I'm going though all the BS with my credit union to get a mortgage, I'm going to live by myself on my own terms in a small house (not too small, about 750sqft) with a 2 car garage. Im going to be in Racine, about 3 miles or so from the lake.

I did move around a bunch, but never left the state. Racine, to Elkhorn, back to Racine, then Kenosha, Delavan, and then Caledonia right now. Do we still have some active midwest members?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline seishuku

• 1998CC's of fun!
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #9 on: 08:37:05 PM / 11-Mar-21 »
YESSIR! Im actually at my parent's house right now- its that nice big place with the 4 car garage we got together at for one of the midwest meets you were at. I moved in here after a breakup with a girl cuz I had nowhere else to go, so I decided that I was going to try and get a house of my own. Now that I found a place and I'm going though all the BS with my credit union to get a mortgage, I'm going to live by myself on my own terms in a small house (not too small, about 750sqft) with a 2 car garage. Im going to be in Racine, about 3 miles or so from the lake.

I did move around a bunch, but never left the state. Racine, to Elkhorn, back to Racine, then Kenosha, Delavan, and then Caledonia right now. Do we still have some active midwest members?
Nice, feels good to own a home... Except when trees fall and crush two cars and a garage, that's why I don't have a garage space anymore. lol

Xano's the site admin now, so he's still around. Still kinda local in Iowa.
Jay last I knew was still up the UP in Michigan, but haven't heard from him in even longer... Same with panda s12.
Matt W.

Offline Nemisis

• S12 Guru
« Reply #10 on: 09:30:42 PM / 12-Mar-21 »
Nice, feels good to own a home... Except when trees fall and crush two cars and a garage, that's why I don't have a garage space anymore. lol

Xano's the site admin now, so he's still around. Still kinda local in Iowa.
Jay last I knew was still up the UP in Michigan, but haven't heard from him in even longer... Same with panda s12.

I wouldn't count on panda s12 (Kyle). I was friends with him for quite awhile and we would get together often for random stuff. since we were good friends, we made a deal where I'd give hime the snowflake wheels from my totaled S12, and in return he would let me have these rare Porsche 914 wheels that would fit the '73 Beetle I had at the time.Time went on and he never gave me the opportunity to get the wheels off that car that was parked behind one of his relatives garage. Then came the time he wanted to buy my .22 cal rifle off of me. We are good friends so I let him take it and he would pay me at the end of the week when we got paid. That came and went, and all of a sudden we started to not talk as much. He ended up moving and changing phone numbers multiple times, but kept in touch somewhat and every now and then promise to pay me. Finally a coupe years ago I tracked him down and sent him a facebook message requesting money. He said I have no reason to demand anything from him, and if I want to get my money I would have to take him to small claims court. So that ended that. Turns out this guy is always trying to scam someone, or make deals with some people to pay of other bad deals with others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline kelso840

« Reply #11 on: 07:40:14 AM / 13-Mar-21 »
Always sucks to learn who somebody really is that way.

Glad you're back! Hopefully you can find a car soon.
Infrequently driving an s12.

Offline Nemisis

• S12 Guru
« Reply #12 on: 09:55:00 PM / 13-Mar-21 »
Always sucks to learn who somebody really is that way.

Glad you're back! Hopefully you can find a car soon.

Fingers crossed. Will be looking for a clean MkI Turbo with hopefully little to no mods, and an in tact full aero kit. I'll hopefully be able to have enough cash to coax some of the nicer ones out from their owners.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~