Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ISO S12 Rear Parking Brake Cable  (Read 592 times)

Offline VQ37VHR

ISO S12 Rear Parking Brake Cable
« on: 10:37:50 AM / 09-Nov-22 »
Looking for a parking brake cable for an IRS S12, I'm pretty sure they are the same across all IRS models but if it matters the car its going into is a MK1.5 XE hatchback. My factory cable is seized up on one side and despite my best efforts I've been unable to free it. Please LMK if you have a replacement, I will be checking replies to this thread fairly regularly.

Facebook Share    

Offline weitrhino

• Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
  • '85 Notch just cracked 46k miles! RIP '86 Notch
    • Blue Mouth Promotions LLC
Re: ISO S12 Rear Parking Brake Cable
« Reply #1 on: 02:47:16 PM / 09-Nov-22 »
I don't have a cable for you because they're made of unobtanium these days so I'll just offer a bit of advice from a 27 year S12 driver:

Lubricate your brake cables with motorcycle chain lube. Cans of chain lube come with a red straw. The spray comes out thin so it can run into the cable housing, then it thickens by design so it doesn't go flying off a moving chain. If you live in a wet area it's a good way to keep them in shape.

Offline VQ37VHR

Re: ISO S12 Rear Parking Brake Cable
« Reply #2 on: 02:58:56 PM / 09-Nov-22 »
Yea I've been fighting mine with penetrating fluid and motorcycle chain lube for about 2 weeks now, it was seized when I bought the car so I doubt Ill be able to unstick it but hey its worth a shot.