Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: auto to 5speed  (Read 1944 times)

Offline akinaspeedstars

auto to 5speed
« on: 05:33:07 PM / 09-Jun-04 »
hey my s12 is getting boring for now, i am planing on getting a s14 auto.
yea, a 5 speed is too hard to find and it is at a rediculous price. anyway i found a atuo s14 and want to know if anyone know how to put in the clutch pettle. because i might get a 5 speed sr20det tranny for the ka24de motor.

this is the only problem i might have if im not sure what i am doing. cause it lead to the master cylender and i think that is it..........correct me if i miss anything.

Facebook Share    

Offline Stinky

auto to 5speed
« Reply #1 on: 06:16:54 PM / 09-Jun-04 »
there is usually a hole for the clutch pedal there already. they just plug it with a rubber or plastic filler.
---------------------------------------------------
86 Hatch Back with CA18ET engine
Mods: Raised boost to 7 psi, K&N filter, 2.5\" exh, no cat, Turbo muffler.

ext: Clear corners, clear bumper signals, mesh grill, clear rear marker lights.

Offline Krazy Skwerel II

• n00b
auto to 5speed
« Reply #2 on: 12:10:31 AM / 10-Jun-04 »
If you are trying to mate an SR tranny to a KA then it wont fit. The stuff you need tomake the car a manual is:
Tranny
Pedals
Driveshaft
ECU
Clutch master and slave cylinders
Hydraulic clutch lines

There may be a couple others but that is the main stuff.
\"I\'ve got a gun in my hand, but the gun wont cock\"-Streetlight Manifesto-

[span style=\'font-size:13pt;line-height:100%\'][span style=\'color:blue\']Founding member of Team Super Rad.[/span][/span]

Offline Nebuchernezzer

auto to 5speed
« Reply #3 on: 01:03:34 AM / 10-Jun-04 »
I know next to nothing about the KA (it\'s a truck motor in australia hehe) but the SR don\'t need a different ECU.  Just a different TPS.  Just make sure before you get hold of one.

If looks could kill you'd have eyes like cyanide...
http://www.cardomain.com/id/zeruel

Offline sideways

auto to 5speed
« Reply #4 on: 12:54:32 PM / 10-Jun-04 »
the sr20det tranny will fit  just needs the ka bellhousing.   the sr20det will need it\'s ecu to run because ka uses a dizzy while sr20det uses direct fire.  240sx\'s have clutch pedal punch outs so body work is not an issue.   you will need the clutch pedal bracket, hard lines, master cyl., slave cyl, flywheel and clutch.   also the interior trim if you desire.  you won\'t ness. need the ecu as you can defeat the park interlock switch.  driveshft will also bolt up so you won\'t need that. oh and you will also need the shifter and clips for it.

Offline Krazy Skwerel II

• n00b
auto to 5speed
« Reply #5 on: 11:14:30 PM / 10-Jun-04 »
As far as everything I have ever read you need the manual Driveshaft for the swap. The ecu is just if you want litle things to work. You can get by with your auto. Also I am still not shure the SR tranny bolts to the KA bell housing. if you go over to [url]www.nicoclub.com[/a] there are a ton of people who have done this swap. Just search their archives.
\"I\'ve got a gun in my hand, but the gun wont cock\"-Streetlight Manifesto-

[span style=\'font-size:13pt;line-height:100%\'][span style=\'color:blue\']Founding member of Team Super Rad.[/span][/span]

Offline sideways

auto to 5speed
« Reply #6 on: 08:27:53 AM / 11-Jun-04 »
i have used ka transmissions on sr20det\'s and sr tranny\'s on ka motor   it is the same thing   just make sure you use the shims from the correct transmission when putting it back togeather