Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pics and more Pics....  (Read 6757 times)

Offline Spooled

Pics and more Pics....
« Reply #20 on: 05:29:04 PM / 24-Jun-04 »
You can\'t drop a car with shocks.  Only springs.  That being said, shortening my strut housing did lower the car 1.5\", but the ride height is adjustable with the Ground Control threaded collars.  The car is probably dropped a good 3 inches from stock.  There is pretty much no gap between my front wheel opening and the top of my front tire (205/60/15).  The rear is close to the same.

Shortening the front strut housings allowed me to run a shorter strut, which in turn, allowed me to lower the heck out of the car and still have good suspension travel.  My setup is not for the faint of heart.  It is a very stiff setup, which is why I run 60 series tires on the street, so that they can soak up some of the bumps.
"Have you ever been face down in the mud, and been kicked in the head, with an iron boot?  Of course you haven't, no one has.  It's a stupid question; forget I even asked" 

87 200SX SE-V6
90 300ZX Twin Turbo
93 Pathfinder SE
06 Mini Cooper S JCW

Offline Under_Control

Pics and more Pics....
« Reply #21 on: 01:14:47 AM / 25-Jun-04 »
i know that you cant the reason i was asking is because u cut the shocks...
Go drift in traffic...

Offline Spooled

Pics and more Pics....
« Reply #22 on: 10:20:18 AM / 25-Jun-04 »
Well, I didn\'t cut the shocks, exactly.  I cut the strut housing that the strut insert goes into.  This allowed me to run a shorter strut insert.
"Have you ever been face down in the mud, and been kicked in the head, with an iron boot?  Of course you haven't, no one has.  It's a stupid question; forget I even asked" 

87 200SX SE-V6
90 300ZX Twin Turbo
93 Pathfinder SE
06 Mini Cooper S JCW

Offline TechDaddy

Pics and more Pics....
« Reply #23 on: 04:06:31 AM / 27-Jun-04 »
Ok Spooled caugh up some pictures of this strut housing cause I\'m not getting it. A detailed description of just what you did would be great too.
Ok no longer own a Nissan...for now
76 Chevy Stepside Lowered Pickup
My current Project

77 Chevy Caprice Classic 7 Pass SW
no mods she is the family-mobile but
she runs and I can put alot of stuff in her plus my very tall self
and my very tall kids!

1987 Hatch w/KA24DE swap - SOLD
Z-31 IRS,wheels & brakes
'88 SE front brakes, suspension & airdam
R-32 Skyline shift lever(2"shorter)
Custom shift boot
Eclipse shift knob
86 S-12 Turbo front seats

Offline Spooled

Pics and more Pics....
« Reply #24 on: 04:52:50 PM / 27-Jun-04 »
Okay - I promise to get some pics this week.  The digicam is in California with my parents right now.  It\'s really not that elaboritive though.  All I did is took the stock macpherson strut housing and emptied all the strut oil out.  I bought 280Z Koni IT Racing strut inserts, which are about 1.5\" shorter than our stock strut inserts.  I then cut 1.5\" out of the center of the macpherson strut housing.  I welded it back together, and then had a strut housing 1.5\" shorter than stock, and the new strut insert fit perfectly inside.  I also cut the stock spring perch off the strut housing, and welded on a Ground Control threaded collar for my lower spring perch, so the ride height is adjustable and I was able to use a 2.5\" ID spring, which they make in just about any lb/in - height combination you want.  I\'ll throw up some pics with this description just as soon as I can.  Probably Tuesday.

87 200SX SE-V6
90 300ZX Twin Turbo
93 Pathfinder SE
06 Mini Cooper S JCW