Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Clutches....  (Read 1488 times)

Offline majormotion

• n00b
    • http://www.combustion-chamber.net
Clutches....
« on: 01:31:48 AM / 03-Jul-04 »
Hey guys,

While I am trying to get this thing running, I am going to replace the clutch. Are the CA18ET clutches the same as CA20 clutches?  Will this cluthc that I found work?
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33730&item=7908132143&rd=1[/a]

thanks,
Syd

Facebook Share    

Offline Johnnyfive

• http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/533844
Clutches....
« Reply #1 on: 02:04:51 AM / 03-Jul-04 »
They are different To what extent I am not sure. I would think it would bolt in but would hold better don\'t quote me though!!
2004 Dodge SRT-4:
Stage 1
K&N drop-in
mopar BOV
Quicktime performance cutout downpipe
psi-fi motormounts
$20 catch can

1986 200SX turbo* FO SALE!!!
For sale as parts

Offline Nemisis

• S12 Guru
Clutches....
« Reply #2 on: 03:03:59 AM / 03-Jul-04 »
Hmmm... that looks the same as what mine did, but... The small round thing in the bag on the left side, I\'ve never seen that before. If its the pilot bearing, then thats HUGE!. I dont know. I don\'t really trust e-bay. I would rather get something from Somewhere that sells that kind of stuff, like a Checker Auto, or NAPA. Not an online auction-house. They dont garuntee that what you bought is what you were looking for. For all you know thats a picture of a clutch for a Supra, and the guy is gonna send you a dildo with \"HAHA, I CONNED YOU SUCKA\" written on it. You have no garuntees. Doesn\'t matter what they say. Just go to a parts store and buy one. I ordered one from Checker Auto for about $118. But you may be able to get a cheaper one depending on where you go. Not including e-bay.
May she rest in peace 07-12-06
1984 Nissan Silvia RS12 CA18ET

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1992 Dodge Colt (Mitsubishi Mirage) Daily beater- 4 speed stick, needs some rust repair- project abandon, must sell due to reliability issues. $500 takes the car and a bunch of goodies

1973 Volkswagen Super Beetle- Runs and drives perfect. Needs new drums all around and a speedo cable.

2007 Honda Ruckus- Awaiting funds for a 150cc GY6 motor swap, then probably gonna do a VW GTi K04 turbo conversion. ~put on hold for yet another year~

Offline Alex Frost

• Moderators
  • S12 Guru
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/05alex
Clutches....
« Reply #3 on: 11:12:48 PM / 05-Jul-04 »
I would say that the ET clutck would have more grasping power than the E, because the E has less power than the ET.  As far as bolting in, it should because they are the same transmission (to the best of my knowledge). But Nemesis is right...You CANNOT trust E-Bay...there are too many people there trying to rip you off!!! 8)
The Nissan S12 Silvia...built while Nissan was still smokin' the green stuff
Cars...
2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
1988 Toyota Supra Turbo->->NOT SO Turbo
1987 S12 hatch...KAZU is BACK!!! and she still runs!!!
1986 S12 hatch...GONE!
1980 Toyota Celica "Sunchaser" w/ 20R Sold
Team Frost; there's nothing faster than cats on grass!

Offline Johnnyfive

• http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/533844
Clutches....
« Reply #4 on: 11:18:57 PM / 05-Jul-04 »
I\'ve never had a problem buying or selling on ebay. But there are certain things I wouldn\'t buy on ebay. A clutch is one of them becuse any parts store and their mother can get one for you
2004 Dodge SRT-4:
Stage 1
K&N drop-in
mopar BOV
Quicktime performance cutout downpipe
psi-fi motormounts
$20 catch can

1986 200SX turbo* FO SALE!!!
For sale as parts

Offline jimjam

Clutches....
« Reply #5 on: 07:04:38 AM / 06-Jul-04 »
I would say that the ET clutck would have more grasping power than the E, because the E has less power than the ET. As far as bolting in, it should because they are the same transmission (to the best of my knowledge). But Nemesis is right...You CANNOT trust E-Bay...there are too many people there trying to rip you off!!! 8)

The CA18ET clutch is bigger than the CA18E clutch by 25 mm so it will not bolt on.
The clutch you are after is 225mm clutch, I have had a look around and have found out the 88-91 CA18det clutch bolts on (1000kg HD clutches:twisted: ) and also I think the CA20e clutch is the same size and will bolt on but you need to remember that the clamping force on those might be to weak for the turbo torque
[span style=\'color:blue\']Life tip: have fun in life or you might as well be six feet under[/span]

83\' S12 CA18ET
Pod Filter
2.5\" Exhaust
More Mods Once All The Faults Are Fixed:evil: (wheres that money tree when you need it)

87\' Honda Prelude B20A
88\' Honda Prelude B20A
89\' Nissan Cefiro RB30E