Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Custom S12 Springs  (Read 4485 times)

Offline SHEPPO3930

Custom S12 Springs
« on: 10:06:47 PM / 04-Oct-04 »
Hey ppl,

K-mac springs in Sydney have offered to make custom springs for the S12 IRS rear end. All we have to do is send a front and rear spring to them and that day they can have the springs made up. At $165 a pair, it seems pretty good for a pair of lowered, stiffer springs.

I am calling out to all those Sydneysiders to see if you\'s have some springs lying around, as i am in Melbourne its not worth posting my springs (off my car so i wont be able to drive it untill i get them back) to Sydney.

The other option is to measure an S12\'s springs under load (the car sitting on em), and again, i cant do that as i aint driving 15hours to Sydney, so \"a little help\" from the locals??

Once K-mac have done this, S12 springs will be part of their product catalogue, and that means anyone can get springs for their S12!

So can any Sydney ppl help out?? It would really help the S12 community.

Cheers

Facebook Share    

Sheppo..

S-12 (1985) Mica Silver/Silver, SR rims, IRS, 5spd, CA18DET conversion, Supra FMIC, pod, full 3inch mandral bend exhaust w/ Split dump pipe & no cat, Xtreme H/duty clutch, 175RWHP on 92RON & stock boost (stock ECU tuning) :)

Adv. Dip. Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering
Royal Melbourne Instute of Technology (RMIT) 2004

Offline salps12

• http://www.chazelle.0catch.com
Custom S12 Springs
« Reply #1 on: 11:58:28 PM / 04-Oct-04 »
Heh it would help the s12 community... yeh right hehehe  :tongue:

Anyway i can get the stock springs out to k-mac if you want. Just give me an address to send them too.

Prob might be getting the front springs off.

Just let me know what you want to do and ill get the springs off! Also any help with taking of the front springs would be great  8)
[span style=\'color:RoyalBlue\']Gazelle: CA18DET[/span]
S15 T28BB - ARC intercooler - oil cooler w/ remote mount filter - Rb20 AFM - Boxed pod - Hyrbid EBC - HSV 300kw Fuel pump - Xtreme HD Clutch - DBA Slotted Discs w/ f:RB74  r:Comp2 pads - JIC Front coilovers & Rear kyb shocks and kingsprings

[span style=\'color:DeepSkyBlue\']POWER:[/span] unknown (approx 140rwkw)

Offline Nebuchernezzer

Custom S12 Springs
« Reply #2 on: 12:19:32 AM / 05-Oct-04 »
Front springs are easy to get off just don\'t point them anywhere where you might still want things when you are undoing that nut ;)
Thats how i did it, they aren\'t uber springy so it wasn\'t to bad out in the open yard.

If looks could kill you'd have eyes like cyanide...
http://www.cardomain.com/id/zeruel

Offline Nemisis

• S12 Guru
Custom S12 Springs
« Reply #3 on: 12:50:06 AM / 05-Oct-04 »
I would definately pick up a set. Shipping would be a bitch, but I need some better handling. HURRY! :)
May she rest in peace 07-12-06
1984 Nissan Silvia RS12 CA18ET

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1992 Dodge Colt (Mitsubishi Mirage) Daily beater- 4 speed stick, needs some rust repair- project abandon, must sell due to reliability issues. $500 takes the car and a bunch of goodies

1973 Volkswagen Super Beetle- Runs and drives perfect. Needs new drums all around and a speedo cable.

2007 Honda Ruckus- Awaiting funds for a 150cc GY6 motor swap, then probably gonna do a VW GTi K04 turbo conversion. ~put on hold for yet another year~

Offline Under_Control

Custom S12 Springs
« Reply #4 on: 01:10:50 AM / 05-Oct-04 »
Will kmac ship to USA?
Go drift in traffic...

Offline SHEPPO3930

Custom S12 Springs
« Reply #5 on: 03:18:08 AM / 05-Oct-04 »
[url]www.k-mac.com.au/[/a]

they sell internationally! they also sell a camber and toe correction kit for Z31\'s, and they have the same IRS as our S12\'s.

check em out!
Sheppo..

S-12 (1985) Mica Silver/Silver, SR rims, IRS, 5spd, CA18DET conversion, Supra FMIC, pod, full 3inch mandral bend exhaust w/ Split dump pipe & no cat, Xtreme H/duty clutch, 175RWHP on 92RON & stock boost (stock ECU tuning) :)

Offline gerrybg

• http://
Custom S12 Springs
« Reply #6 on: 03:37:07 AM / 05-Oct-04 »
I already got a pair of IRS lowered springs made by them months ago, I just asked for Z31 springs that were 65mm lower than standard. Same as Neb. Cost me that price delivered, (trade though). Go for it they do the job nicely!

Offline SHEPPO3930

Custom S12 Springs
« Reply #7 on: 04:20:44 AM / 05-Oct-04 »
what spring rate, how much to they lower your gaz..............we need to know to relay back to K-mac, so that instead of asking for Z31 rears at 65mm lower, we ask for S12 springs, 50mm lower. We deserve our own springs, not share with another car. Makes it easier for others who dont know that the IRS is the same as a Z31, and that the lowering heights are different.

I am just trying to simplify sourcing springs for the IRS S12.
Sheppo..

Offline salps12

Custom S12 Springs
« Reply #8 on: 08:02:41 AM / 05-Oct-04 »
Well we sorta do have our own springs its just that they are s12/z31 springs at different heights.

K-Mac should know this and have it listed as S12 = Z31 65-60mm lowered or something like that. a King springs guy knew this so it was easy for me to order, but not everyone at kings knows for some reason.. :confused:
S15 T28BB - ARC intercooler - oil cooler w/ remote mount filter - Rb20 AFM - Boxed pod - Hyrbid EBC - HSV 300kw Fuel pump - Xtreme HD Clutch - DBA Slotted Discs w/ f:RB74  r:Comp2 pads - JIC Front coilovers & Rear kyb shocks and kingsprings

Offline salps12

Custom S12 Springs
« Reply #9 on: 08:03:29 AM / 05-Oct-04 »
Well we sorta do have our own springs its just that they are s12/z31 springs at different heights.

K-Mac should know this and have it listed as S12 = Z31 65-60mm lowered or something like that. a King springs guy knew this so it was easy for me to order, but not everyone at kings knows for some reason.. :confused:

And whiteline make lowered fronts so thats another plus!

Offline Spooled

Custom S12 Springs
« Reply #10 on: 11:13:53 AM / 05-Oct-04 »
Spring rate is very crucial here.  The spring height will depend on the spring rate.  The higher the spring rate, the shorter the spring will need to be to get the desired height once on the car.  Can K-Mac do the math, or do we have to?
"Have you ever been face down in the mud, and been kicked in the head, with an iron boot?  Of course you haven't, no one has.  It's a stupid question; forget I even asked" 

87 200SX SE-V6
90 300ZX Twin Turbo
93 Pathfinder SE
06 Mini Cooper S JCW

Offline gerrybg

Custom S12 Springs
« Reply #11 on: 09:11:28 PM / 05-Oct-04 »
270lb linear rate. If you want to see what the car ride height looks like pm Nebuchernezzer on this forum he has full side view pics of his car that shows you the ride height. He also has comparison pics of the standard springs beside the K-mac lowered ones.

Offline Nebuchernezzer

Custom S12 Springs
« Reply #12 on: 10:18:43 PM / 05-Oct-04 »
Here is an even better pic, me driving along the road, gives you a much better perspective than any of the static shots i took myself.
Taken by my mate from his Nissan NX-R

It\'s a big pic by the way so i linked it.

[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/Nebuchernezzer/My%20Car/DSCF0834.jpg[/a]

If looks could kill you'd have eyes like cyanide...
http://www.cardomain.com/id/zeruel

Offline Under_Control

Custom S12 Springs
« Reply #13 on: 12:10:34 AM / 06-Oct-04 »
nice.! there site is very confusing can you post the link to where i can order them from? and maybe the part number?
Go drift in traffic...

Offline gerrybg

Custom S12 Springs
« Reply #14 on: 12:17:25 AM / 06-Oct-04 »
Here\'s the phone number, just remember the difference in time from here to the east coast of the US is something like 16 hours or so:

61 2 95561799

Offline craigcd

Custom S12 Springs
« Reply #15 on: 01:36:45 AM / 06-Oct-04 »
This sounds awesome and my brother just happens to be traveling AUS, hopefully everything is set up befor he comes back and he can fill up his bags with some springs!!!

Offline nissanman

• http://www.tufs12.00freehost.com
Custom S12 Springs
« Reply #16 on: 02:43:30 AM / 06-Oct-04 »
FRIKIN hell!! I rang K-Mac and they rekond that they dont have a spring to suit the S12 IRS!! (i guess it depends who u get to talk to)
newayz,
ive had some custom springs made by Industrial springs here in ADELAIDE.

240lb, 1.75inch lower. took em a month to do it... havnt piked em up yet, cant wait to see the difference it makes!! im payin $170.

IM NOT HAPPY with my KING springs though (well the ride is awesome very firm!!) but the height is poo! hardly looks lower, there is still hell room under the gaurds! I guess i do have 15\" rims with 195/60\'s at da front.
S14 200sx
173rwkw....

www.aus12.org

Offline SHEPPO3930

Custom S12 Springs
« Reply #17 on: 07:11:38 AM / 06-Oct-04 »
k-mac DO NOT have S12 IRS springs, they sell Z31 IRS rear springs. This is why i want to get them to make the springs specifically for our car, to stop the above ^^^^^^ from happening.
Sheppo..

Offline wal33d

• n00b
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/595730
Custom S12 Springs
« Reply #18 on: 07:46:53 AM / 06-Oct-04 »
mate i hope u r not talkin about K-mac on princrs high way i live near them and they r full of sh!t man...

i have been there and asked 1 of the the guys that works there around 6 month ago and he look at the car and said we don\'t make them....

But if they do now!!! then how long will they need the car 4 if less than a week i will give them mine and get it done as well.
give me the address and there contacts ok
cheers

my gazelle is an IRS so yeah i want it to handle as good as it should.

Offline gerrybg

Custom S12 Springs
« Reply #19 on: 09:10:57 AM / 06-Oct-04 »
They definitely do make them, as myself and Neb have them. And it is kmac on princes highway. We didn\'t give them the car we just ordered the springs, (thanks to Neb, he did all the hard work), then you just put them in yourself. Its not a real technical job to change them over, (1. put the car on stands, 2. put a trolley jack, (or a scissor jack if you don\'t have one) under the swing arm and take the tension up with the jack, 3. Undo the top shock nut, 4. lower the trolley jack and the spring will pop free, 5 Put the new spring in and reverse the preceding steps). They are 270lb linear rate. You don\'t ask them what you need you have to tell them what you want,(i.e. lead them by the nose) and they will make them for you; and like it or not you have to ask for 65mm lowered Z31 springs 270lb linear rate.
Its really immaterial whether you class them as s12 or Z31 springs, at the end of the day you just want your car lowered nicely with good firm springs!! The Z31 IRS spring will fit an IRS Gazelle,(in the KING SPRINGS catalogue they are the same part number its just that for a Z31 they are listed as lowered and for the s12 they are listed as STANDARD HEIGHT!!) its just that the ride height will be to high therefore you order 65mm lowered, which is not an off the shelf item so they make them, no problem.
To check they  lower the car nicely check pics of Nebs car.