Custom S12 Springs

Started by SHEPPO3930, 10:06:47 PM / 04-Oct-04

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrybg

I have pics, I tried to upload them but file size limit is to small, (i.e. only 39kb). [a href=\'mailto:gbaulch@hn.ozemail.com.au\']gbaulch@hn.ozemail.com.au[/a]

gerrybg

gerrybg

Pic of Nebs car to show ride height

gerrybg

lowered spring compared to original

Mr.200

hmmm ... anyone got pics of the lowered fronts next to the stockers?

Whiteline\'s catalog has no listing for anything before the S13.
1987 200sx CA18ETi - The Toad
1972 Dodge Charger 413ci/6.6L - The Bully

Matt
http://www.angelfire.com/freak/brutesquad/index.html

Nemisis

Holy shit.... Those springs are SHORT!
May she rest in peace 07-12-06
1984 Nissan Silvia RS12 CA18ET

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2015 Ford Fiesta base model... and I mean BASE- Manual crank windows and no cruise control.

1986 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 5spd T-top *Project: White Knight*

Spooled

You guys have me confused.  You\'re saying 270lb progressive rate, but your pics are showing a linear spring, not a progressive spring.  Anyway, I would want linear anyway.  So, if I wanted a higher rate spring, could I call them up and ask for a Z31 400lb spring 75mm shorter?
"Have you ever been face down in the mud, and been kicked in the head, with an iron boot?  Of course you haven't, no one has.  It's a stupid question; forget I even asked" 

87 200SX SE-V6
90 300ZX Twin Turbo
93 Pathfinder SE
06 Mini Cooper S JCW

salps12

Nebs are not progressive, they are linear. My King springs on the other hand are progressive Z31 springs lowered 65mm.

I know for sure that King springs can make any spring you want with the required rate and height. I think it was $240 AUD for two springs.

try [url]www.kingsprings.com.au[/a] if you have problems with k-mac.
[span style=\'color:RoyalBlue\']Gazelle: CA18DET[/span]
S15 T28BB - ARC intercooler - oil cooler w/ remote mount filter - Rb20 AFM - Boxed pod - Hyrbid EBC - HSV 300kw Fuel pump - Xtreme HD Clutch - DBA Slotted Discs w/ f:RB74  r:Comp2 pads - JIC Front coilovers & Rear kyb shocks and kingsprings

[span style=\'color:DeepSkyBlue\']POWER:[/span] unknown (approx 140rwkw)

wal33d

does any1 know where/ how i can get coil overs 4 my gazelle in sydney???

Umai Naa

i cancelled my order for K-Mac rear springs and swaybars for my live axle.

because when i rang them, they said \"yeah, we can make the springs as hard as you want...we have them here, sway bars too\" (i\'m after 6kg/cm rearsprings).

when i went there (2hr drive from Goulburn) they said i had to order them in, and they didn\'t know what 6kg/cm meant. they weren\'t even going to consider make a set of springs for me. it turns out they have \"30% or 50% thincker\".

then there\'s the sway bars:

me: how thick are they??
k-mac: thacker than standard (duh!!)
me: seriously??
k-mac: 24mm
me: it is possible my car could have a 27.5mm swaybar standard. what about the rear?
k-mac: 20mm. it is better than nothing.
me: wanna see my standard rear swaybar?? (was in the back of my other car)
k-mac: ours is not that thick.

damn fool!! :wall:  :wall:  :no:  :no:

i\'m contacting whiteline on monday as well as pedders.

i also have a man who will knock up a set of ajustable rear shocks for me. i let yous know how i go.

Drfsta

So what specs would you guys have your springs made to given the choice?
Im about to have mine made here in NZ and they want me to provide specs.. I plan to hit the track in two weeks so I want as low as poss and as solid as poss! This post has only confused me so far, so can some someone please post specs of the \'perfect\' rear drift spring. (Front will be coil overs)
Thanks guys, thisl be a huge help...
Tony
1984 S12  :love:

Drfsta

To add to this, once I have mine. Ill post details and maybe we can get you aussies some sets made? I know of at least one person keen...
Tony
1984 S12  :love:

Nebuchernezzer

I\'m looking into adapting springs from other cars now, cos i\'m a stingy bastard haha.  I\'m the owner of those shiney orange springs (and the feet in the green thongs (flip flops to you ner zulanders) too hehe, and the 270lbs that they are supposed to be is ok but a bit soft for what i want, on the road it\'s quite good and my car is quite heavy as far as S12s go (1265kg) with a R200LSD, and power roof etc all weighing it down.  With a 1050kg hatch (ie umai na) they would probably be pretty sweet but they are slightly slightly to soft for my liking.  I\'m going to look at somthing around 300-350lb and see what i can come up with.  Looking at fairmont or falcon front springs (also looking at them for my doribird project) so i\'ll see how they go.

If looks could kill you'd have eyes like cyanide...
http://www.cardomain.com/id/zeruel

Umai Naa

whats 6kg/cm in pounds??

lousy metric system...

nismo1

Lovells make lowered spring for s12 silvia off the the shelf i had my lowered 1 1/2 INCHES but i am going 2 1/2 inches with plenty of clearence

nismo1

Lovells make lowered spring for s12 silvia off the the shelf i had my lowered 1 1/2 INCHES but i am going 2 1/2 inches with plenty of clearence