vg30e_x2_200sx

gotcha.....now it makes sence     :)

Randy

San Jose, California U.S.A.

Crowbar60

Try using image shack

[url]http://www.imageshack.ws/</a>

mc

thanks for the link......I didnt get much done today because I missed the UPS delivery of the pump....The AFM harness should be delivered tomorrow,so I should be able to get that out of the way.Today i cut off the drain tube from the turbo becauce it is too large .I replaced it with a 3/8\" nipple that will hook up to the pump.I also modified the oil filler screw on cap too accept a 3/8\" nipple so the oil can be pumped back into the engine.

mc

I was finishing up the wire harness today, when I realized one of the AFM wires is a silver shielded wire.I cut a piece open and its silver/aluminum colored stand wire covered with insulator within another spiral of silver wire/insulator.The other 5 wires were copper strand wire.Crowbar, can these two inner/outer wires be soldered as one and connected with a length of copper wire?????Or is shielded wire needed for this connection because it has to be separate??THX

Crowbar60

Its shielded.  The internal wire carries the signal.  The shield captures spurious noise and runs it to ground.  They are never to connect.  You will blow something if you do.

mc

Thanks....I finished the harness with a shielded wire.UPS dropped off the pump so I scouted out locations on where to install. I\'m going to try the rear drivers side for now.Its next to the turbo so the oil lines are a easy hook up.Picked up some  hard 3/8\" line to run the oil back up front...... also have to look into where to tap into the ignition electrical for the pump.I got a boost/vacuum guage and found a port on the intake to mount the nipple...almost there.

Cavi Mike

E-Mail me the pics or hit me up on AIM, I\'ll host the pics for you. I was thinking remote turbo myself, I\'d like to steal..er..see your idea. :wink:

*edit* Sh!t, check out [url]www.dragNY.com[/a] while you\'re at it, you\'re from NY. We like members with intelligence and creativity.
http://www.myspace.com/cavimike

------------------------
All Cars Would Be Yellow If Not for the Matchy-Matchy Laws
Teacher: So, as you can see, this car in the picture reduces air resistance and can accelerate faster.
Student #1, chuckling: Yeah, and plus, it's yellow, so that makes it faster, too.
Teacher, laughing: Haha, yeah, very true.
Student #2: Wait, really?

--Physics class, St. Ann's School

Overheard by: Mike N
------------------------

seishuku

Why not have a separate oil tank for it? Seems to me it would be better, being cooler oil and all and you wouldn\'t have to run it ALLLLLL the way back to the engine.

Just a thought.
Matt W.
Daily: 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Previous Daily: 2011 Camaro V6 (tree fell on it)
Previous previous: 2013 VW Jetta TDI super polluter (got bought back)

Cavi Mike

I was assuming that\'s what he was gonna do, and get a nice little cooler(like the rx-7 one that kid is selling on here) yeah baby.

------------------------
Teacher: So, as you can see, this car in the picture reduces air resistance and can accelerate faster.
Student #1, chuckling: Yeah, and plus, it's yellow, so that makes it faster, too.

------------------------

mc

It was suggested before[CROWBAR] about the rear oil storage but I decided to go with mostly hard lines from and to the engine. I laid them out on the inside of the frame rails.I was running out of locations to mount a reservoir in the back anyway....CaviMike,I sent a picture.thx.

Cavi Mike

------------------------

------------------------

mc

I\'m hopeing the flex pipe holds up...if not, I\'ll drive it to a shop and have them follow my pattern...we\'ll see soon enough.....Today I drilled the 4 holes needed to mount the pump and its now in place.Connected the turbo drain out to the pumps inlet with high pressure/temp 3/8\" hose.I started on the pump outlet with  some custom bent hard line to get it over the differential and down to the frame rail....its a pain in the ass....finish that up tomorrow.[hopefully].

Drfsta

:D lol - I had to read this thread at least a couple times before I understood what the hell you were doing!! Um, WHY? excuse my ignorance, I\'ve never seen a VG before. Is it because lack of room? Can I see your exhaust manifold. Haha - this is wicked!! I still don\'t get it ~
1984 S12  :love:

Joel07

It\'s mostly because by doing it this way, there\'s a minimal amount of custom parts that need to be made.  No custom manifolds, no serious hacking of engine bay components, and if you ever need to sell the car, it\'d probably take about an hour to take the whole turbo system off and turn the car back to stock.

Drfsta

So let me get this straight.. Your adapting a turbo to the end of a really thin exhaust to minimise lag, extending the harness and mounting induction behind the diff?
I still dont get how it works, wheres your intercooler? and return to throttle etc :|  is it just me that thinks this is weird? good job tho - its definatly interesting
1984 S12  :love:

mc

I finished up the return oil line today. Bent the hard line\'s so it runs over the rear and comes down and follows the passanger side frame rail and up to the oil cap filler.I spent some time readjusting the exhaust hangers to give alittle more clearance around the AFM. I have to pick up some header wrap to cover the exhaust where it runs near the AFM. Tomorow I  have to run 12v to the pump.I have a relay from a oldfan controller.Any suggestions for the switched lead??Also,what is the best spot on the firewall to pass the tubing through for the boost guage???

vg30e_x2_200sx

I don\'t know the diameter of the lead for the gauge, but if it were me I\'d use the hood realse gromet if the lead is small enough. It\'s easily accessable and high enough if you want to run it to the A-pillar.

Randy

San Jose, California U.S.A.

mc

Thanks for the grommit idea...it works fine.Finished the installation last night.Started it up today.Fast idle works decent.No   major oil leaks or wierd intake/exhaust noises.Retarded the timing to 10* just to be on the safe side and had to reset the idle speed because it dropped down.Driving it Feels great.The power comes on gradually and the sound of the turbo spooling is too cool.....driving around normally feels just like before I did anything....I have to get a better quality boost guage because this one is reading close to 30 on vacuum and that is 5 -7 lbs higher than on my good Sears vacuum hand pump.I\'m getting 2-3 lbs boost with this guage[ i\'m glad I have the 5 speed]....i have to pick up a manual boost controller and read up....its been raining here hard all day so I cant really get on her but the rain hasnt been a problem with the air filter in the back....it doesnt sound to bad without a real muffler.....the electric oil pump is noisy and i\'ll be looking into ways to quite the hum.....remote mount complete.

Alex Frost

Quote..i\'m going to be picking up a Tilton electric differential oil pump....it has been used by others with good results....it\'s a little pricey but everything else sofar has been cheap good junkyard stuff.....I have a 5 speed so hopefully I can compensate for any lag[we\'ll see]....I test fitted the pressure pipe up to the T/B and it fits up the drivers side of the engine with no problem.Plenty clearance past the steering shaft as well.I \'d post pictures but Ihave no luck linking them up.I can e-mail if someone else wants to post them.
I can host them for you.  Please send the pics to [a href=\'mailto:frost.racing.05@gmail.com\']frost.racing.05@gmail.com[/a] 8)
The Nissan S12 Silvia...built while Nissan was still smokin' the green stuff
Cars...
2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
1988 Toyota Supra Turbo->->NOT SO Turbo
1987 S12 hatch...KAZU is BACK!!! and she still runs!!!
1986 S12 hatch...GONE!
1980 Toyota Celica "Sunchaser" w/ 20R Sold
Team Frost; there's nothing faster than cats on grass!

mc

QuoteI can host them for you.  Please send the pics to [a href=\'mailto:frost.racing.05@gmail.com\']frost.racing.05@gmail.com[/a] 8)
////Picture sent...thx.