Remote mount turbo V6 project

Started by mc, 10:27:28 PM / 14-Apr-05

Previous topic - Next topic

Cajun1guy

I've been looking, where DID you find the sway bar and strut rod bushings for twenty shipped!?

mc

Quote from: sideways_s12 on 05:16:18 PM / 29-Sep-15
Damn bro is there anything you don't do?
Sideway... LOL...thanks.
Post Merge

Quote from: Cajun1guy on 09:49:29 PM / 29-Sep-15
I've been looking, where DID you find the sway bar and strut rod bushings for twenty shipped!?
Cajun...it  was just lucky good timing
...someone lost interest on a build and let it go really cheap over at Z31Performance....i didnt really need it because i had replaced the bushings with aftermarket rubber...but on disassembly to install the sway poly all that rubber was torn in less than a year...Dorman makes crappy stuff.
Post Merge

Quote from: rednucleus on 09:27:15 PM / 29-Sep-15
I'm coming to your house for my next alignment!
Red...long road trip, do it yourself...i've done it to both of my cars now, the other is a 91 Camry turbo and both are aligned better than what i have paid someone....handle great and track straight.
...my plan is to slightly raise the rear springs with some rubber booster inserts to help reduce the rear camber closer to zero and hopefully being able to bring the rear toe closer to zero....right now the rear toe is fully maxed out, its in spec by the manual but at the outer range.

mc

alignment update....i went through the sequence again to fine tune the measurements....this time i leveled the floor spots perfect, i used thick 1.5x12x12 garden pavers and wood shims...i also tried shimming the rear springs to reduce camber[top of fender arch to ground is 28"....much better results.
front driver camber 0*     toe in -.61mm
front pass camber  0*      toe in -.18mm
rear driver camber 0*      toe in -.23mm
rear pass camber .65*     toe in -.18mm
Post Merge

pix of tiles... saw these at Lowes and figured they are less likely to crack while shimming...very cheap as well. i still use the vinyl tiles on top to allow it to slide/settle the suspension.

Cajun1guy

Gotta hand it to you...precision is your game! I love the creative solutions you have to get the adjustments in there.

sideways_s12

Crazy dude! You know how to get shit done!

mc

...started installing the spare 3.54 rear with the Phantom grip unit....i hate dealing with the cv axle remove and reinstall.
Post Merge

....out with the old, i needed to swap over the driveshaft  flange and finned cover.
Post Merge

...works great on bench!

iceageg

One of the best threads on this forum revived with new content.  Today is a good day for us all.
Quote from: VG33ERGazelle? on 04:50:38 PM / 26-Aug-11
I was afraid all the five gallon buckets of pain stacked four high were going to fall over

mc

..this tool "walks" the  driveshaft flange right off.

mc

...finished up the reinstall....i have found that it's easier to install the  axles into the differential first and than position/bolting the differential into the rear crossmember, much less  wrestling trying to get the axles liNed up....took it out for a drive aND it sounds /feels the same, no funny noises!...it's raining  today in Ny so no proof of 11,s yet.  LOL

iceageg

Quote from: VG33ERGazelle? on 04:50:38 PM / 26-Aug-11
I was afraid all the five gallon buckets of pain stacked four high were going to fall over

sideways_s12

mc

...i put off repairing this spot for to long and it was a lot worse than expect ed.

Post Merge

..removed the ground effects.

Post Merge

...i used Drexel grinder to get the weakest stuff moved out...i used a rust convertor to stabilize what was left...finished that over with fiberglass/resin,ect.

Post Merge

....sprayed it with a epoxy primer...finished it with urathane color and clear.

Post Merge

...i resprayed the ground effects kit.

Post Merge

....reassembled and polished.

Redneck

Looks great. Came out really nice. Love how the s14 5 spokes look on the SE too  :thumbsup:
Quote from: ka-tgazelle on 11:24:56 PM / 01-Jun-11 FIrst my rims are horrible, than there ok when painted black , now my cars horrible, now my fenders are to much after i was told i couldnt do it.... Lol club s12 ftw.....  Only here have Ive been told they look like shit..... SOrry its not bone stock with crown vic rims running the stock vg making 130whp and looks generic like every other one. My car looks dope ive been told this a billion times on local forums....

mc

Quote from: Redneck on 01:53:10 PM / 29-Nov-16
Looks great. Came out really nice. Love how the s14 5 spokes look on the SE too  :thumbsup:
..thanks, I put a lot of effort for something in the end was covered over by the ground effects kit?  Hopefully the rust stays out there for awhile.

mc

...picked up a cheap turbo jacket.

sideways_s12

mc

...working on it
Post Merge

sideways_s12

mc

...never "dyno'd" her, but g timer puts it in the 260-270 range.

sideways_s12

that's it ? with your mods I would of thought it was more... not that those numbers are bad