Previous topic - Next topic

ChEsTeR

Today i dynoed my car ca18et and it gave good first impresion

181 hp and 239,3 Nm
ChEsTeR :D
Silvia 88 CA18ETi Nissan
http://members.cardomain.com/chester_000

Alex Frost

Is that 181 hp; or 181 Kw?? seems odd to have hp for one; and Nm fo rthe other... :dontknow:

Nice dyno run none the less...

What do you have done to your s12??
The Nissan S12 Silvia...built while Nissan was still smokin' the green stuff
Cars...
2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
1988 Toyota Supra Turbo->->NOT SO Turbo
1987 S12 hatch...KAZU is BACK!!! and she still runs!!!
1986 S12 hatch...GONE!
1980 Toyota Celica "Sunchaser" w/ 20R Sold
Team Frost; there's nothing faster than cats on grass!

ChEsTeR

181 HP it\'s a \"KM\" means \"HP\" in english. And why ot is strange to give torque in \"Nm\" we have a metric system :)
It has a small FMIC, 370cc injectors, MAF from SR20DE (nissan sunny GTI)  T28BB 0,9 bar , MBC and a crapy exhaust pipe.
Silvia 88 CA18ETi Nissan

Magnum

are you still having fuel problems?
Dan

If you want your car to be cheap and fast it wont be reliable...
If you want your car to be reliable and cheap it wont be fast...
If you want your car to be fast and reliable it wont be cheap...

ChEsTeR

It is still to rich but this problem will be solved as soon as some colour pictures will apear in my walet.
Silvia 88 CA18ETi Nissan

Alex Frost

Quote181 HP it\'s a \\\"KM\\\" means \\\"HP\\\" in english. And why ot is strange to give torque in \\\"Nm\\\" we have a metric system :)
It has a small FMIC, 370cc injectors, MAF from SR20DE (nissan sunny GTI) T28BB 0,9 bar , MBC and a crapy exhaust pipe.
I\'m just used to seeing all metric; or all imperial...
Cars...
1986 S12 hatch...GONE!

bartc_j

Quote181 HP it\'s a \\\"KM\\\" means \\\"HP\\\" in english. And why ot is strange to give torque in \\\"Nm\\\" we have a metric system :)
It has a small FMIC, 370cc injectors, MAF from SR20DE (nissan sunny GTI)  T28BB 0,9 bar , MBC and a crapy exhaust pipe.

get a s-afc and tune it and i gaurentee at least 210whp
Bart
'86 1.8L Turbo

Cavi Mike

181 hp is very respectible whp number. Why are you using such a large turbo? Do you have plans for a lot more power?
http://www.myspace.com/cavimike

------------------------
All Cars Would Be Yellow If Not for the Matchy-Matchy Laws
Teacher: So, as you can see, this car in the picture reduces air resistance and can accelerate faster.
Student #1, chuckling: Yeah, and plus, it's yellow, so that makes it faster, too.
Teacher, laughing: Haha, yeah, very true.
Student #2: Wait, really?

--Physics class, St. Ann's School

Overheard by: Mike N
------------------------

bartc_j

its really not that big good for about 300-400hp... about perfect for our cars and its ball bearing to aid spool up
Bart
'86 1.8L Turbo

Cavi Mike

Ehh, yeah, ONLY 300-400hp
http://www.myspace.com/cavimike

------------------------
All Cars Would Be Yellow If Not for the Matchy-Matchy Laws
Teacher: So, as you can see, this car in the picture reduces air resistance and can accelerate faster.
Student #1, chuckling: Yeah, and plus, it's yellow, so that makes it faster, too.
Teacher, laughing: Haha, yeah, very true.
Student #2: Wait, really?

--Physics class, St. Ann's School

Overheard by: Mike N
------------------------

Jmac279

km, ps, etc. = Metric Horsepower

1 km = 75 kilogram-meters of work per second
1 hp = 550 foot-pounds of work per second

1 kg = 2.20462442 lbs
1200 m = 3937 ft

75*2.20462442*3937/1200 = 542.4753963 ft-lbs/s

181*542.4753963/550 = 178.5237213 hp

30PSI

Quoteget a s-afc and tune it and i gaurentee at least 210whp

Whats whp?

Is that power at the wheels or the flywheel?

237bhp @ 6,105 rpm
DET block, JE pistons, piper cam, adapted DET inlet, T3 tubby, coilovers with KYB\'s, cusco camber tops, VLSD
Still on std cack ECU & injectors :(

Alex Frost

QuoteWhats whp?

Is that power at the wheels or the flywheel?
WHP is power at the wheels (wheel horse power)
BHP is power at the crank (brake horse power)
Cars...
1986 S12 hatch...GONE!

30PSI

So what is chesters 181bhp? Is that at the wheels or the flywheel?

What boost do you have to run to get 210whp then?

237bhp @ 6,105 rpm
DET block, JE pistons, piper cam, adapted DET inlet, T3 tubby, coilovers with KYB\'s, cusco camber tops, VLSD

Jmac279

Almost any dyno test not from a manufacturer is going to be at the wheels ...  For one, the power at the flywheel doesn\'t matter ...  Two, you\'d actually have to lift your entire engine out of your vehicle ...

It\'s at the wheels ...  The power at the flywheel would be approximately 15% more than the wheel power ...

BTW, it\'s not 181 hp !  Read my post above ...

ChEsTeR

I used this turbo to avoid any problems with lack of flow and to have cooler air after compresion. And the spool of the BB is awsome. When i instaled it i wanted to test if it make more boost then originaly 0.4 bar. I disconected the hose from turbo to westgate and made a test. On second gear i got about 1.2 bar and 3K rmps and the intercooler pipe poped of :). For now it\'s inaf with the HP\'s. I\'m working on suspension now. Today i replaced bushings on the rods that goes from fron control arms to chasy. Tomorow i will take out the steereng rac and take it to the repair shop for regenracion. It\'s in very very very bad condition. The car is unable to drive straight now it serchs for the road all the time.
Silvia 88 CA18ETi Nissan

30PSI

QuoteAlmost any dyno test not from a manufacturer is going to be at the wheels ...  For one, the power at the flywheel doesn\'t matter ...  Two, you\'d actually have to lift your entire engine out of your vehicle ...

It\'s at the wheels ...  The power at the flywheel would be approximately 15% more than the wheel power ...

BTW, it\'s not 181 hp !  Read my post above ...

181hp is very close to the revised 178 so not worth mentioning really.

When I\'ve seen dyno\'s they recalculate the wheel figure to that of the flywheel by allowing the transmission to freewheel after the run. They use this to calculate the loss. If the car was lightweight and had high tyre pressures it would increase the wheel figure but would ultimately come back to the corrected flywheel figure.

Chester - What turbo are you running? I don\'t know your specs?

237bhp @ 6,105 rpm

ChEsTeR

T28BB .60 AR compresor hausing and a T25 .64 AR exhaust hausing.
The diference in power at the fly and at the weels is unimportant. Because it\'s only HP\'s not Nm\'s For example subaru impreza has 60% los of powet on the drivetrain. So 260 at the flyweel and 120 at the weels. But The torque is the same there are no los in that. To be exact the torque at the weels in multiplicated by transmition and diferentials. So 200 Nm at fly is about 800 Nm ant the weels on the fourth gear.
Silvia 88 CA18ETi Nissan

Jmac279

Where the hell did you come up with these numbers ?

1)  Subarus lose 20-25% of the power through the drivetrain ...
2)  A loss in power is caused by a loss of torque ... (Horsepower = Torque*RPM*2*Pi/33000)
3)  You don\'t seem to have a firm understanding of the properties of power and torque ...  Power is what\'s important ...

YankeeDrifter

Chester was running .9 bar, which I think is like 15-17psi?  I\'ll look it up.
1990 Mazda Miata, Koni's and Azenis'
1986 VW GTI w/ 2.0l swap and Bilsteins
1987 Nissan 200SX XE, sold
1993 VW Jetta, full cage, lexan windows, etc.
1990 VW Fux; Scrapped
1992 VW GTI; Scrapped