Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Post a pic of your Engine Bay!  (Read 100648 times)

Offline specializt

• n00b
Post a pic of your Engine Bay!
« on: 09:52:44 PM / 04-Jun-05 »
heres some of mine, been a long time coming but its finally nearing the end, should be firing up the engine soon

Facebook Share    

Offline Julie

• S12 Guru
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: 10:10:42 PM / 04-Jun-05 »

omg its stock! (i think)

"like people, every car possesses a unique character, with its own DNA, talents, and idiosyncrasies. push it too hard and it'll turn on you, as a person would. if its worth anything, it gets more interesting the more you get to know it"

luck is earned through hard work and determination, not to mention the willingness to take risks and to see bad luck and setbacks as opportunities for growth and a new direction.

Offline honest_jim

• http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=325225
« Reply #2 on: 02:23:19 PM / 05-Jun-05 »
Its not a nissan but who cares eh!

Offline henge

« Reply #3 on: 01:17:40 PM / 06-Jun-05 »
i\'m still in the development of a better intake.. but for right now this ghetto thing works..

Offline 30PSI

« Reply #4 on: 02:42:16 PM / 08-Jun-05 »

237bhp @ 6,105 rpm
DET block, JE pistons, piper cam, adapted DET inlet, T3 tubby, coilovers with KYB\'s, cusco camber tops, VLSD
Still on std cack ECU & injectors :(

Offline Jokes801tmc

• http://www.teamkms.com
« Reply #5 on: 05:36:54 PM / 08-Jun-05 »
Well here\'s my baby half way started and fully drained of all her fluids then work got busier than ever. Oh well by spokane it will look alot different!

Remember KRANG from Ninja Turtles!

My Cardomain Page

Offline Steve

« Reply #6 on: 12:35:04 PM / 09-Jun-05 »
mine
]

Offline westside27375

• Honored Veterans
  • S12 Guru
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/westside27375
« Reply #7 on: 06:20:25 PM / 09-Jun-05 »

Thats my girl....

My other 200sx I\'ll have to take a pic of. One of the cleanest bays I\'ve ever seen.
Travis Hatt
85 Nissan 200sx w/CA18ET: SOLD

Offline Draconis

« Reply #8 on: 11:34:36 PM / 13-Jun-05 »
Okay, here\'s my newly redone engine bay.  Sorry about the pic. quality.  I was using a friend\'s digi and I was unaware of the sensitivity is has to light and all that crap.

By the way, they when Randy and Pit Stop redid the engine bay they washed it out and sprayed it all black so it\'s not the stock brown.  Actually Jeff did it and one hell of a job too.  Used like a box full of Brakleener too or something like that.  It was Randy\'s idea cause he was thinking ahead about how a gay a black car would look with a brown engine bay.  Thanks man.

Randy is in this picture.  He saw me getting it all good and such.  Right before I clicked he ran up, did his thing and ran away just as the flash went off.  I was laughing my ass off and afraid I messed up the picture.  I looked at it and damn, Randy has some bad ass timing.  I mean, it caught him perfectly.  How, I dont know, but it was hella funny and tight.

Offline drumpet15

« Reply #9 on: 10:15:04 AM / 14-Jun-05 »
You should get dual fans, Colin.  :devil:
1985 Nissan 300ZX N/A **FOR SALE**
Go here:
http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=17806

Offline Draconis

« Reply #10 on: 11:01:18 AM / 14-Jun-05 »
Later, my plan is to get dual electric fans.  Hella better.

Offline Keith

• Honored Veterans
  • S12 Guru
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/1984rps12
« Reply #11 on: 11:35:40 AM / 14-Jun-05 »
Later, my plan is to get dual electric fans.  Hella better.

Makes everthing hella hotter too...............
Make sure you incorporate some kinda of fan shroud with whatever electric fan set-up you go with.....otherwise you\'ll heat soak you cone filter.  Electric fans pull air thats probably twice as hot or hotter, than the belt fan from the radiator.
I first used dual electric fans that were encased in their own shroud, so I didn\'t bother using the stock shroud.....and come to find out they had a 180 degree spray pattern, so everything from the corners of the radiator support and  inner fenders back to the firewall got hella hot....I had my cone filter in the engine bay at the time....about where yours is located.....and it would get so heat soaked from the fans....I couldn\'t touch it for more than 3-4 secs it got so hot.  
I got rid of the duals..and got a single fan that flows 2950 cfms, which is more than any dual fan I\'ve seen, and I was able to put the stock shroud back on, which in turn kept the cone filter, and everything else cool.
Just a little FYI from someone that learned the hard way :mrgreen:

*1984 S12 Turbo* CA18DET swap * Custom top mount header & dump pipe * Mitsu Heavy Industries EVO III 16g turbo * Custom 3" turbo back exhaust with Magnaflow muffler * Front mount intercooler * Front mount oil cooler * Nismo fuel pressure regulator * Walbro 255 * DSM 450cc Injestors * Apexi Safc II * AEM Wide Band * AEM Tru Boost * Z32 MAF * Cometic head gasket * Centerforce Dual Friction clutch *  Tokico lowering springs * Owned since 1989 *

*2007 BMW M6* S85 V10 sweetness

*2004 C5 Z06*

*2006 BMW E60 550i Sport* Boner stock; SOLD *

*1995 Maxima* Owned since 1995 SOLD

Car Domain

Offline SR12det

« Reply #12 on: 06:55:02 PM / 14-Jun-05 »
Makes everthing hella hotter too...............
Make sure you incorporate some kinda of fan shroud with whatever electric fan set-up you go with.....otherwise you\'ll heat soak you cone filter.  Electric fans pull air thats probably twice as hot or hotter, than the belt fan from the radiator.
I first used dual electric fans that were encased in their own shroud, so I didn\'t bother using the stock shroud.....and come to find out they had a 180 degree spray pattern, so everything from the corners of the radiator support and  inner fenders back to the firewall got hella hot....I had my cone filter in the engine bay at the time....about where yours is located.....and it would get so heat soaked from the fans....I couldn\'t touch it for more than 3-4 secs it got so hot.  
I got rid of the duals..and got a single fan that flows 2950 cfms, which is more than any dual fan I\'ve seen, and I was able to put the stock shroud back on, which in turn kept the cone filter, and everything else cool.
Just a little FYI from someone that learned the hard way :mrgreen:

Hey Kieth do u have ur fan running constant or what temp in degree F would u say it goes of at. Sorry for hijacking this thread!
Oldskool SR beast

Offline z-driver

• n00b
« Reply #13 on: 06:30:40 PM / 20-Jun-05 »

www.club-s12.org
www.403drift.com
FS:87 200sx with modded sr20det

Offline S12 Night Ryder

• n00b
« Reply #14 on: 07:56:21 PM / 20-Jun-05 »

OMG!  :sex:

Offline Drfsta

« Reply #15 on: 08:59:14 PM / 20-Jun-05 »
Whats the theory behind mounting your bov the way you did? I\'ve always thought closer to the throttle body is best??
1984 S12  :love:

Offline Keith

• Honored Veterans
  • S12 Guru
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/1984rps12
« Reply #16 on: 07:05:18 AM / 21-Jun-05 »
Whats the theory behind mounting your bov the way you did? I\'ve always thought closer to the throttle body is best??

Closer to the tb is the most responsive......closer to the turbo makes it louder

*1984 S12 Turbo* CA18DET swap * Custom top mount header & dump pipe * Mitsu Heavy Industries EVO III 16g turbo * Custom 3" turbo back exhaust with Magnaflow muffler * Front mount intercooler * Front mount oil cooler * Nismo fuel pressure regulator * Walbro 255 * DSM 450cc Injestors * Apexi Safc II * AEM Wide Band * AEM Tru Boost * Z32 MAF * Cometic head gasket * Centerforce Dual Friction clutch *  Tokico lowering springs * Owned since 1989 *

*2007 BMW M6* S85 V10 sweetness

*2004 C5 Z06*

*2006 BMW E60 550i Sport* Boner stock; SOLD *

*1995 Maxima* Owned since 1995 SOLD

Car Domain

Offline seishuku

• 1998CC's of fun!
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan S12
« Reply #17 on: 11:12:46 AM / 30-Jun-05 »

:wtf:
Matt W.
Daily: 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Previous Daily: 2011 Camaro V6 (tree fell on it)
Previous previous: 2013 VW Jetta TDI super polluter (got bought back)

Offline SlidingSean

« Reply #18 on: 11:35:18 AM / 30-Jun-05 »

:wtf:

im not positive but i got a funny feeling somethings missing  :lick:

Offline SSRNK

• n00b
    • http://www.geocities.com/ssracingnkustomz
« Reply #19 on: 03:25:16 PM / 30-Jun-05 »
Here is my 87
1987 Nissan 200SX