Genuine Nissan service manual for S12 here.

Started by Fantasy, 12:30:14 AM / 27-Jun-05

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantasy

I have a genuine Nissan service manual for S12 series. It covers every aspect of the car with complete instructions and illustrations on how to pull off, fix and replace everything.
If anyone wants to know how to do anything from changing a wheel to wiring diagrams, rebuilding your engine, removing body panels, fixing suspension. Every little thing is in this book.
With the Nissan mechanics having books like this at there disposal it make you wonder if they really needed to do the trade.

The genuine Nissan service manual covers the following models. CA18ET, CA20E, FJ20E. It also covers all suspension designs.

If you would like pages out of this book, please email me at [a href=\'mailto:fantasyy@bigpond.net.au\']fantasyy@bigpond.net.au[/a] .
Please provide me with all the information you need so I can email you back with the scanned pages.

PS. This should be made sticky.
Happiness is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel its warmth.
[div align=\"center\"][/center]

Fester

I\'ve never found a soft copy of a \"proper\" S12 FSM floating around on the web.  I\'d be very willing to contribute $\'s towards getting it scanned professionally so that it can be freely distributed to the S12 community (yeah, its a copyright breach, but I doubt Nissan would care for a 20 year old manual).

Unless you want to sit down with a scanner for the next week of course fantasy :)
I spool .\'. I am

madsilvia

i would like to have all the data on the fj20e silvia model..
cous the manual was missing when i bought my car last year.

p.s whats the price on the intakeexhaust manifolds that your producing?

Candellan

I have one myself, very handy. I\'ve scanned all of the electrical & some other handy bits if you want to start with those.
Gazelle MotorSport
RPJS12 Gazelle - "Big Block" CA20DET
S12 RXG Silvia - "Green Machine" SR20DET

TheXev

It would be good for you to list what year your FSM is.  Not every year model of the S12 is the same, and every different FSM has different information pertaining to that particular model.
TheXev
Revolve Translations

1985 Nissan 200SX CA18ET - Sold
1988 Nissan 200SX CA20E - Sold
1991 Infiniti M30 VG30E - Daily Driver

Umai Naa

not the version he has. it\'s about 600 pages thick. i had one myself that i borrowed from the local dealer, but i only managed to photocopy some of the electrical, and all of the H190 sections. they rang up and had a cry a week after i got hold of it. there\'s only one other s12 (hey, owning 2 out of 3 aint bad) in my area, and i doubt very much it goes to the nissan dealer for servicing.

Candellan

Mine is the updated version apparently. It\'s split into 2 books. It shows the CA20E, CA18ET & FJ20E motors, also for Europe & non-Europe models.
Gazelle MotorSport

Fantasy

QuoteMine is the updated version apparently. It\'s split into 2 books. It shows the CA20E, CA18ET & FJ20E motors, also for Europe & non-Europe models.
Hi Candellan,

My book covers the same models but is one book.
I have been asked a lot for the wiring diagrams. Candellan, you said that you have already scanned them in. Can you please post them here or email them to me so I can post them. Saves me having to scan them all in again. Thanks.

People please do not ask for information unless you need it.
If you are wanting information for archiving purposes, I will not send the pages unless the pages have previously been scanned in and are already on file.
It is time consuming for me to scan the pages and I am a very busy man.
I will not be scanning the whole book unless some one wants to pay for it to be done.

I have made this thread to help fellow S12 members. Please do not abuse my generosity.

I am not trying to be mean but I have had an abundance of emails from people wanting information just in case they get a problem. This thread is not going anywhere, so please only ask for the information once a problem has occurred and you need the scanned pages to fix the problem.
Then I will be more than happy to help.

Cheers.

Fantasy.
Happiness is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel its warmth.

Fantasy

Already scanned pages here.  :-P
[url]http://rfantasy.photosite.com/[/a]

Candellan

No probs Fantasy. The pages I currently have are:
Clutch - CL 1-5, 10-11
Fuel - EF 1, 4, 6
Electrical - EL 1, 7, 22, 30, 51-52, 124, 126-127, 129, 134-135, 139-141, 144 & the huge wiring diag at the back
Mechanical - EM 1-2, 5, 19, 22, 24-25, 31-34, 43

These cover the CA20E Block, clutch & wiring diags & are scanned at 300dpi @ 7\"x10\" with file sizes from 165k - 1.12mb. I can compress these if you like but I did them at high res so you can zoom in & keep the clarity (especially on the assembly & wiring diags).

Where can I send these (email)?
Gazelle MotorSport

gadget1382

Can i have the electricals for the CA20e, fuel and mechanical?
How large a file is it?
If it\'s soo big i might give u my work e-mail.
Wouldnt mind the whole lot, but at this stage dont need anthing more for the up n comming conversions.
Ban Low Performance drivers... Not High Performance Cars
Gazelle coupe

Candellan

All of the pages above zipped come to 22MB or 24MB unzipped (jpegs) so it\'s not easily transportable. Like I said I can reduce the size of the files but many will still need to be hi res to zoom in clearly.

Max jpeg compression brings all of those pages down to 3.5mb zipped. It\'s still pretty clear actually, I\'m surprised.
Gazelle MotorSport

gadget1382

I know this may take alot longer, but sending them as pdf will reduce their size and make them readable like a booklet...

But i dont want to create too much work for you.

I\'ll PM u my work address if you are capable of sending them uncompressed... then i can pdf it at work if you want... but it may take a week or so to do depending on the scedule.
Gazelle coupe

Candellan

PM away. Making them a PDF will increased the file size ever so slightly (0.1mb more). Still very readable.
Gazelle MotorSport

Fester

As I said before fantasy, I\'m happy to contribute financially towards paying to get it scanned professionally.  If you can find out how much it will cost to get this done and let us know, there may be a few others in a position to contribute and help everyone out.
I spool .\'. I am

gadget1382

It wouldnt be cheap for 100\'s of pages... and many would refuse because of the copyright laws.

But you never know. I\'d throw a few $$ toward it for the whole book.
Gazelle coupe

Neil

I have the same manual and have photocopied it for adam666 who was going to scan it to a CD, but I dont think he knew how much work that would be.
I also have the 3rd supplement that was printed in August 1986, I think there is a 2nd supplement but have never seen one, but always looking.
I could photocopy pages for anyone in NZ and post if they were willing to cover the cost.
I have looked at high speed scanning to file but its saved in a format thats only used by same brand printers and not of any use for PCs
Neil

84 Silvia RS-X FJ20ET

Fantasy

The first 3 chapters are scanned in. Click here [url]http://rfantasy.photosite.com/[/a]

poss12

I\'ll chuck in $20. I have seen FSMs on the web from $100 - $120.
Save the Gazelle :cool:

Umai Naa

i\'m gonna call nissan and see if i can get one new.

fingers crossed!!