1985 Turbo - Project/track car

Started by Joel07, 08:22:56 AM / 25-May-06

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel07

Putting yet another one of my projects up for sale now. I probably should have never bought this car in the first place, but I have an odd condition where I have to buy every S12 I ever see for sale.

Anyway, the car is completely gutted, windshield is gone, front sheetmetal is all off (but still in the car, just not ON the car). It has already had a bit of body work done on it, fairly straight body except for the RR quarter, which had been replaced at one time. A little fiberglass filler/bondo should take care of it. Especially for a track car. The front fenders have some rust in the lower sections, which is a common problem because of the craptastic side skirts they put on the turbo cars. Motor and tranny are not in the car.

I do have the tranny that came out of it, supposedly nothing wrong with it. I also have a motor that came out of the \'84, which needs to be rebuilt. I actually heard this motor run (on starter fluid), but the center two cylinders are down to about 40-50 lbs compression, so my guess is a blown head gasket, worst case is blown rings/cracked pistons. No spun bearings or anything. I also have a bunch of extra junk I\'ll throw in with the car, including a spare set of wheels, a fairly complete but torn down CA20 (including front facing intake manifold to make FMIC easier to set up), extra CA18 wiring harness, a fiberglass spoiler (the stock one is foamy crap), and I\'m sure I\'ll find a bunch of other stuff to throw in too.

This is DEFINETLY a project car, nothing more. Would make an awesome track car. Most of the interior pieces are all gone, including the dashboard, but I do have the guage panel. I had planned on going back circle track racing with this car, but as usual, plans have changed since then. I\'ll get some pics up later today.

$250 firm for all parts, may be able to wheel and deal if you don\'t need some of the extra parts.

Baja Nut

Is the CA18ET wiring harness complete? Any other stuff to install this engine (1.8) in my 86 Notch that currently has an CA20E? PM me a price with shipping to Va. 23072.

Slide_Fest

The rear 1/4s are they in decent condition? To the point where I could cut them and weld to my notch just around the wheel section?

Joel07

LOL, when did I say I was parting the car out??  I\'ll have another car that will be parted out soon, but not this one.  And even then, I won\'t have any good rear quarters.  The \'85 does, but I\'m not cutting them off.

Alex Frost

QuoteLOL, when did I say I was parting the car out??  I\'ll have another car that will be parted out soon, but not this one.  And even then, I won\'t have any good rear quarters.  The \'85 does, but I\'m not cutting them off.

Dude, you of all people should know that we are all vultures :tongue:...hell there have been times that some people have wanted parts off of complete running and driving and STREET LEGAL cars...lol
The Nissan S12 Silvia...built while Nissan was still smokin' the green stuff
Cars...
2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
1988 Toyota Supra Turbo->->NOT SO Turbo
1987 S12 hatch...KAZU is BACK!!! and she still runs!!!
1986 S12 hatch...GONE!
1980 Toyota Celica "Sunchaser" w/ 20R Sold
Team Frost; there's nothing faster than cats on grass!

Joel07

Yeah I know, darn broke S12ers.  Oh wait, that\'s me too.   :wink: