I'm With You David B

Started by s12god, 11:17:36 PM / 30-Nov-08

Previous topic - Next topic

Arro

I personally like the VH design, I just don't think it's a good pairing with the S12 chassis.
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.orgHella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: s-chassis_only on 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

sideways_s12

Quote from: IggyEGuana
typed a bunch of shit but then decided this shit is stupid

run what u wanna run and hate what u wanna hate

to each his own

peace

Basically

200sxkitcar

anyone know the weight of VH45?
Sterling Picton

jeffwins24

Quote from: 200sxkitcar

more then a LS1 or a KA24
VG30ET > 2JZ > RB > 1JZ> L28ET> 4g63t > 7m > 3gste > KA24DET > SR20DET > *

Magnum

Quote from: 200sxkitcar
VH45DE = 522 lbs.with everything bolted on and full of oil.
Dan

If you want your car to be cheap and fast it wont be reliable...
If you want your car to be reliable and cheap it wont be fast...
If you want your car to be fast and reliable it wont be cheap...

200sxkitcar

Cricky.

Thats heavy.  The LS1/LS2 weigh less than that.
Sterling Picton

seishuku

Hack off PS and AC pumps and brackets, and it'll probably drop 100LBS... Still bloody heavy though.
Matt W.
Daily: 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Previous Daily: 2011 Camaro V6 (tree fell on it)
Previous previous: 2013 VW Jetta TDI super polluter (got bought back)

s12god

i don't want to throw off my power/weight ratio. i also want to have a lot of torque and horse power. i have a se with a vg30e should i just toss in a dohc vg. the money i plan on spending on a swap. i could turbo the sohc but the heads suck on this motor.

i don't know wtf should i do  

Arro

REMOTE MOUNT TURBO, and worry no more.

We have a guy named mc on here who has a thread for his setup, go check it out. I think it's either in the VG30E or the Garage section.
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.orgHella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: s-chassis_only on 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

sinestro

had i kept my vg i might have gone this route with the remote mount turbo,

i do still like the sugestion of a vq motor from a 350z, this would be a cool upgrade for a se that is spose to be the 'poor mans z'  with a old z motor, but this would be uncharted territory in the s12 world, fittinging it might not be hard as they swap them in s13's and 14's, but the wireing would most likely be a bitch

"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."

userbar by someone?

i know old navy sucks, but i can't help myself i like the music...
http://www.iamlights.com/

nunquam dormio

nismologist

that would be an utter dream to have a vq35 or for a real dreamer the vq37 with variable valve timing.that gives me the chills.it would be worth the headache of wiring to get that done.

YOU THOUGHT SO, BUT I KNOW SO.
-Macho Man Randy Savage

sinestro

right, that one monstar garage did it in the jesse's sunny, so a s12 can't be imposible
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."

userbar by someone?

i know old navy sucks, but i can't help myself i like the music...
http://www.iamlights.com/

nunquam dormio

David B

Quote from: RB25sx - SLPR
As much as I love the idea of a DOHC nissan v8 - there are far better choices as far as V8 engines go, and far better documented in different chassis, and far more aftermarket support.

I guarantee this swap will not be done in the next 3 years.

-Dan

haha
http://www.aus12.org/index.php?showtopic=3350&hl=

(vh41)

caged ca20e/ka24e/sr20det/ka24de/1jzgte SRA hatch. super sick

Quote from: Arro
Goddamn David you seriously are hard core man.
Quote from: tjs91tsi
Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

RB25sx - SLPR

2 things though david.

1- It's a VH41
2- It doesn't appear to be fully installed

Again, there are better motors out there to get the job done. Myself, I am regretting having chosen an RB as a tuning platform. I suspect I would feel the same way if I had ended up with a VH45, if not worse.

-Dan

s12god

why don't you like your rb?

David B

i understand you dan but im just throwing a point its being attempted. i think it will be done soon

caged ca20e/ka24e/sr20det/ka24de/1jzgte SRA hatch. super sick

Goddamn David you seriously are hard core man.
Quote from: tjs91tsi
Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

IggyEGuana

stfu
/thread

haha jk suckas its nico

Waylon Deno - Silhouette Autosports (check it out on facebook)
Drift Build Thread
you sir are emblazoned with win.

s12god

a vh45de mite not be a good swap for an s12. i wold like to see a m30 with one that would be awesome. m-45

sideways_s12

Quote from: IggyEGuana

stfu
/thread

haha jk suckas its nico

OHHH FUCK YEAH!!!!

88monsterRacer

I personally like the VH45 swap idea.  mazxorx.com out of central florida makes a swap kit for the s13 that should also work on the s12 minus the drive shaft as far as their headers i would not know, also if not out yet they are making a plemun with shorter runners so that a big hole would not have to be cut in your hood.  I say go for the VH and if you do, replace all the seals and especially the t-chain guides before u drop in the motor.