REMEMBER, REMEMBER THE 5TH OF NOVEMBER

Started by firefox, 04:28:40 AM / 04-Nov-11

Previous topic - Next topic

firefox

THIS IS A CALL TO THE MASSES

close your bank accounts at JP Moragan, Chase and BoA
then, if you can, refinance your house/loans and deposit with a local credit union

SEND A MESSAGE THAT THIS SHIT HAS TO STOP

hit them where it hurts. VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET

i know over $10 million with family and close friends involved with this alone... imaging the possibility

SchizophrenicMC

JP Morgan IS Chase.

The bad thing about trying to screw banks is 90% of the US economy is based on their credit, and only so much is actually backed up by "The full faith and credit of the United States".

I say regulation is the best thing we can do. Vote for politicians who have a record of trying to achieve economic reform and regulation.
Quote from: Jay on 10:44:55 PM / 03-Jun-12
Nah, quoted for future use because not only is it lame and old, but it's a direct link to Schizo posting up homoerotic menswear fanfiction.
Quotezololn: wheres the check engine light on the s12?

Jordan

Closing my bank of america accounts on Saturday.

Jordan

1986 SE Notch Swap in progress. Build Thread:   http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=27158

SchizophrenicMC

We closed ours, years ago. It was a good move. I have to admit, BofA sucks.
Nah, quoted for future use because not only is it lame and old, but it's a direct link to Schizo posting up homoerotic menswear fanfiction.

Maxpow

BofA has always sucked major balls. USAA is the shit. Best bank ever. No ATM fees ANYWHERE quite a few branches in the area really like it. Great service plus they have insurance, investment stuff, and all kinds of other goodies. Really love it.
1987 Nissan 200sx SE ("The Squirrely Drifter") - Totaled and Gone forever
1987 Nissan 200sx SE ("The Weebly Wobbler") - Impounded and Gone forever
2007 Kia Spectra - Fantastic Daily Driver - Custom CAI, NGK wires/plugs.
2002 Hyundai Accent - Totaled and Gone Forever.

MAXPOW'S PARTS SALES: http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=31350.new#new
SEND ME A PMhttp://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=2092 /EMAIL Maxpow99@hotmail.com

Certified Member of SoCal Parts Alliance.

Quote from: Jay on 10:01:05 PM / 14-Nov-11
And, I'm going to say this publicly. Maxpow knows how to keep me at bay, while still laughing with him. Take lessons y'all

SchizophrenicMC

Yeah, I'm signing up an account at USAA next week. Whoo, credit unions!

Jsvob03

'cause i'm curious, whats with the outrage against JPmorgan, chase, BoA?

Fwiw, I have charter one (citizens bank). No problems ever. But i do have a Chase Credit card (they bought out Washington Mutual, who had me at 8.99%, then chase stepped in. BAM 19.99%, jerks).

SchizophrenicMC

JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Citigroup, and a few other large investment banks started the economic screw we're in, and are screwing it worse, and all because of bad credit. So, the idea is, make them lose profit until they decide, "fine, you win, we'll improve our policies to better serve customers and the economy, and in turn, actually make profits in the long term, as opposed to short term gains."

Wolf Dilworth

Dude what planet have you been hanging out on?  OWS come to mind?  The whole financial meltdown/bailout?

iceageg

Did this a couple years ago.  Local CU FTMFW.
Quote from: VG33ERGazelle? on 04:50:38 PM / 26-Aug-11
I was afraid all the five gallon buckets of pain stacked four high were going to fall over

SchizophrenicMC

^ This. Credit Unions are nonprofit, therefore better financial institutions.

Xano

I dont know what credit unions you've found, but they arent non-profit, even if their business model states that.  Nearly every non-profit (beyond community service non-profits such as the Jaycees) are based in money.  That money goes in the pocket of somebody, just not the company itself.
~xano

SchizophrenicMC

The aim isn't profit, and the end certainly isn't corporate profit. There is my point.

Xano

Non-profits profit more than corporations, more than say...corporate holdings, etc.  Don't get me wrong here, I go with a CU, not a bank, but still. I just don't want people jumping in uninformed.  No matter where you put your money, someone there is in it FOR the money.
~xano

SchizophrenicMC

Well, right. But my point is, simply, a CU does not screw its members, because when you put money in a CU, you become a part-owner. It's like a bank, but you're a holder in it, so when the fiscal year is up, whatever profit is made gets split between you and everyone else. And it's not like the CU exists for the sake of profit, at least not as far as I have discerned in my time. It exists as a means of protecting people's money.

Wolf Dilworth

My CU gives me a check, annually, for a portion of the "Profits".  Membership has its privileges.  LOL

Maxpow

Quote from: Wolf Dilworth on 11:52:32 AM / 05-Nov-11
My CU gives me a check, annually, for a portion of the "Profits".  Membership has its privileges.  LOL

EXACTLY! I get a small rebate monthly, and a check like you annually. Plus they refund every single ATM fee I get at OTHER banks. Not to mention like 300,000 atms are free with their "Maestro" card atm coverage. USAA rocks. Not to mention the Gold And Precious Minerals fund has grown like a monster for over 20 years straight.

SEND ME A PMhttp://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=2092 /EMAIL Maxpow99@hotmail.com

And, I'm going to say this publicly. Maxpow knows how to keep me at bay, while still laughing with him. Take lessons y'all

Wolf Dilworth

Maxpow

SchizophrenicMC